Reply by Drivetime

Hello Freida,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to provide your feedback. I am deeply sorry to hear that you have not been able to enjoy your vehicle due to the mechanical concerns you mentioned, as well as the steps taken to have those particular issues addressed.

Please know that we try to avoid situations such as these by inspecting our vehicles prior to sale. However, due to the nature of pre-owned vehicles, it can sometimes be difficult for us to determine if or when these situations may arise. For this reason, each vehicle sold from our lot includes an initial 30-day/1,500-mile limited warranty, in addition to the extended vehicle service contract that we offer our customers as an optional product at the time of sale.

In regards to the steps being taken to address the current mechanical concerns you mentioned, please know that the proper claims process is not intended to inconvenience our customers in any way. When addressing any mechanical malfunctions, both DriveTime and SilverRock want to ensure that the repairs are completed by the most effective means possible, and I want to sincerely apologize if your most recent interaction left you feeling otherwise.

Thank you again for taking the time to reflect on your experience with our company. Upon further review, I see that you have recently been in contact with my Customer Relations team regarding your concerns. However, I would like the opportunity to address your concerns personally, and I will be reaching out to you by phone within the next 24-48 hours. I look forward to speaking with you.

Respectfully,
Jacob – Customer Relations
Author's
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

DO BUY YOUR VEHICLE FROM DRIVETIME!Where do I start....I wish it was over again with a new auto dealer.

This Drive time is the worst place I have ever done business with. I bought a vehicle from Drive Time, Union City GA in Dec. 2016. After having it for a week there were lots of things wrong for example no air conditioning.

Had to have the car reprogrammed. No brakes, electrical system went bad...so many parts were bad only to be told...Your 5 days are up so now your stuck...Ha Ha! so now I'm going through Silver rock warranty company... $100.00 deductible if you use Pep Boys for your transmission repairs...This is Drive Times Joke repair company, Oh they have many like this....but no relationship with the companies.

Who/What dealerships sells a vehicle even though its used... with more than $3, 000 in repairs to be done on it and I'm talking about obvious repairs... I've take time off my job to take this vehicle to different in network company that were no more than Pep Boys to fix air conditioning and another company went out of business...which they couldn't find out what was wrong with it either. This went on for several different facilities, none a Ford dealership.

This was finally approved after taking it to 7 different places what couldn't work on it. I have had the most horrible experience with them since I've gotten them. I was told my vehicle was approved to use the Ford Dealership for my repairs from that day forward not a one time approval which now they have lied and said now that is what it was...I have a problem again with a issue they never fixed and again I have to fight to take my car to a place that is not going to do more damage and waste my time and gas. A person named Tyler from Drive Time corporate office is still giving me this same run around after having this vehicle in the shop now at least 5 different times for repairs since I've had it less than 1 year.

The bottom line is they won't take their bad vehicles back or make sure they are in proper working order before they sell it to you...

BUYER BEWARE!!!!DO NOT BUY YOUR VEHICLE FROM DRIVE TIME....I KNOW SEVERAL PEOPLE WHO HAVE GONE THROUGH THIS....SOME SAID THEY DROPPED THE CAR OFF AT THE DEALERSHIP AND LEFT IT BECAUSE THE REPAIRS ....I AM CONTACTING AN ATTORNEY TO SEE IF THIS WOULD BE BETTER THAN DEALING WITH THIS HEADACHE!

Review about: Car.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I didn't like: To many problems please take this vehicle back.

Had an Experience with Drivetime?

Drivetime Most Helpful Reviews