Reply by Drivetime

Hi Robert, we are sorry to hear you are unhappy with your DriveTime experience and would like the opportunity to address your concerns with our approval process. We strive to work with all of our customers to find the right vehicle and financing options available. DriveTime’s approval process is subject to several factors including but not limited to: down payment, income level, proof of residence, and credit score. Once at the dealership, they require documentation to confirm your identity and the accuracy of the information you provided during the online pre-approval process. Approval is subject to change or may require more in-depth information based on the documents provided. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience. Please give us an opportunity to assist by calling our Customer Relations department at 888-290-0148. We look forward to speaking with you. Sincerely, Customer Relations
Author's

Wasted 4 hours in drive time today!I called 3 times before going in and asked what i needed to get a loan.

Every time they told me the same thing, a letter from my employer, a bill with my address on it and my license. Well, i take my check stubs a print out of my deposits my bank statement, the letter, a bill, my license, my insurance card. Well, turns out they want 3 months of bank statements, a form filled out by my employer, and to talk to my boss. He called my boss and ask him how much i make.

I tell the guy that it is right there in the letter from my boss on my deposit statement and my bank statements. The guys says to me, "Do you want to buy the car or not? This is the process." I felt like walking out right then but i stayed. After getting my boss to fill out the same form twice and calling him and bothering him 3 times about my income, that i had a letter for to start with i wasn't very happy.

This was after 3 hours. Then finally he comes to me to finish the deal and ask how i would like to make the down payment. I said check and he said, "Oh, we don't take checks." That was it, no one said anything to me about not taking checks. That was enough!

A process that should have taken an hour ended up costing me 4 hours! The manager was rude and acted like he was doing me a favor by selling me a car!

I arrived at around 12 and left empty handed at 4.Not happy at all!!!!

Review about: Drivetime Loan.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Loan process.

Had an Experience with Drivetime?

Drivetime Most Helpful Reviews