Reply by Drivetime

Greetings,

We sincerely apologize for the mechanical issues you have been having with your vehicle. An engine block replacement is something that is covered under the DriveTime Protection Plan, however, having to exchange an engine three to four times is very unusual. This is not the experience we would want our customers to go through. Our Customer Relations Department would like to discuss this issue with you and see if we can be of assistance. Please contact the Customer Relations Department at your Earliest Convenience. We can be reached at 888-290-0148.

Sincerely,
J.P. Customer Relations
Author's

We purchased a 2010 Fusion from Drivetime and after 10 months the engine blew. The car is under warranty but let me warn you, the 3rd party company they use Avirex are a nightmare. They replaced the engine with a rebuilt unit which itself locked up 3 days after we got it back, we had to pay to have it towed over $150 back to the shop to have another engine put in. Just spoke with the mechanic and the 3rd engine arrived and when they hooked it up to test 3 of the chambers had no combustion because of faulty work.

We are going on 5 weeks essentially without a vehicle and they cover only $25 a day for a rental that YOU have to pay for then submit for reimbursement! Now we are waiting for the 4th and hope that it works. I am in the process of filing a lemon law complaint with the state.

My advice would be to avoid buying from Drivetime unless you plan on taking out your own extended warrant, their's isn't worth the paper it is printed on.

Had an Experience with Drivetime?