Reply by Drivetime

Hello Misty,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to provide feedback regarding your recent interaction with DriveTime. I want to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or frustration that you experienced due to the amount of time needed to provide your layaway refund.

In situations such as these, please know that providing our customers with the appropriate refund is a top priority. However, the speed at which we can provide our customers with their refund depends entirely on the method by which the original payment was made. When layaway payments are made with a credit card, refunds can be processed same-day, as long as the original card and card holder are present. When layaway payments are made by cash or debit card, a refund must be issued in the form of a live check. This process can take up to 14 days, as it requires a live check to be created and sent from our corporate office. It is important to note that DriveTime is unable to provide customer refunds in the form of cash, as it creates security and liability risks.

I hope that I was able to provide some clarity on this matter, and I apologize again for your dissatisfaction. Should your situation change, we would certainly appreciate the opportunity to have you as a customer in the future.

Respectfully,
Jacob – Customer Relations
Author's
1.3
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

Went to drivetime to purchase a car because my car had just broken down.Went in to my local store in miamisburg ohio, was talked into putting a down payment on a car to hold it until the following day even after explaining to the rep i didnt feel comfortable doing this, he insisted.

Long story short, i ended up putting down a little over a thousand dollars and returned to the store the next day after deciding i didnt want to purchase the car anymore on a 18.5 percent interest rate. After informing the rep i no longer wanted to purchase the car he proceeded to try to convince me to buy, after telling him no multiple times, he finally agreed to refund my money.

Thinking i was going to get my cash back and was going to be able to go try to get a car somewhere else, he then informed me that they would have to mail me a check after telling me the night before any refund would come back to me in the form i paid with which was cash.I have yet to recieve my refund back and im still without a car until i fo

Review about: Drivetime Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Drivetime Most Helpful Reviews