Reply by Drivetime

Greetings,

We apologize that you had an issue with your first payment that ultimately caused your vehicle to be repossessed. It is true that DriveTime tends to take action quicker when a car loans first payment is not made because we feel this is an indication of how the payments on the rest of the loan will go. DriveTime definitely does not purposely try to repossess people’s vehicle in order to keep a down payment. As a business strategy DriveTime feels we and our customers are much more successful when we work together to keep our customers in their vehicle until they completely pay off their car loan. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please call the Customer Relations Department at 888-290-0148.

Sincerely,
J.P. Customer Relations
Author's

Purchased car in December - first payment was due on Jan 11 the made it Jan 1 and said i was late which i wasn't since my first pay period was Jan 11 not Jan 1. More than 10 days they claimed sent money gram for two payments and they took the car and payment was made a day before due date -a scam to get your down-payment and the car so they can resell and do the same thing to some one else. They claim you are late so teh can take the car and send you back your last payment so the can keep teh down payment.

Had an Experience with Drivetime?