Reply by Drivetime

Hello Corrie,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experience. I want to apologize for the frustrations that have been brought forward by this situation. Please know that while we did offer a referral program, we are no longer offering referral bonuses as of April 1, 2018. However, since this line of events took place before that time, I would be more than happy to look into this situation for you. In order to review further, please contact my Customer Relations team located at our corporate office at (888)290-0148.

Kaitlyn - Customer Relations
Author's
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

I bought a car from DT on 1/10/18. They informed me of their referral program and stated each referral would credit your account $200.

I then referred a friend to DT on 3/12/18. He listed me as the person who referred him to his sales associate. I contacted DT on 3/26 to inquire about the referral bonus and was told by the Shadeland branch GM that the program was no longer in effect. I asked how they could discontinue the program without contacting their customers and notifying them?

I asked what about the people in the middle of the referral process? He basically said I should talk with bridgecrest about the credit. I called bridgecrest and they stated I needed to contact the dealership. I later received an email on 4/2 that stated the program was discontinued but they would honor any referrals given before 4/2.

Fast forward, I've have spoken to bridgecrest customer representatives, customer relations, supervisors, sales associates, and GM's, at least 15 documented times and no one will honor this program. In fact, whenever I call they keep me on hold for at least 30 minutes and pass me around from department to department.

When I stay on hold too long, they simply hang up on me. No one will respond or provide me a number to the corporate office.

Review about: Drivetime Referral Program.