Show reviews that mention
car vehicle payment credit payments warranty customer people money service
Filter review

What Their Customers Are Saying

?

All testimonials are provided and verified by Drivetime. Verified testimonials on Pissed Consumer is a paid feature of the platform.

Purchase the extended warranty

Drivetime
I purchased my car three years ago and added the optional warranty. Although it incresaed the monthly payment it was worth it. I just got a new transmission and axle that was covered. So glad i spent the extra money.
Read

I couldn't ask for a better experience

Drivetime
The salesmen were friendly and courteous. He provided a great buying experience. The best part was it didn't take all day!!! The other associates were great as well. I was greeted at the door and helped immediately. I couldn't ask for a better experience. Tiffany of Fayetteville, NC

Great overall experience

Drivetime
Wow. I have never really taken the time to leave a review for a business, but DRIVETIME definitely deserves my time. Great overall experience. Helped me get into a car that I've been wanting for a very long time! Thanks guys!!! Victor is great! Chris of Cathedral City, CA

Complaint

Hello Wanda,
Thank you for sharing your review with us and taking interest in purchasing through DriveTime. I am sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with the required down payment for the vehicle you selected and if you felt misled in any way.
When you arrive at the dealership, our sales team will verify the information submitted online to ensure accuracy. Additionally, your down payment requirements are also subject to change based on several factors, including the vehicle you select. It is also important to mention that our customers are welcome to utilize third-party financing if they are not satisfied with the financing options offered through Bridgecrest, our finance partner.
That said, I apologize for your disappointment regarding the approval options that were presented to you. Should you wish to discuss your review in more detail, please contact our Customer Relations department at (888) 290-0148, and a representative will be glad to further assist.
Kindly,
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Drivetime - Complaint

I picked out a vehicle, pre-authorized, reserve the car, at Drive Time Pelham Alabama. 2016 Nissan maxima Platinum 41,000 miles, $20000.

a $200 down payment preapproval an reserved the car.

The salesman informs me this morning I will have to pay a minimum of $5000 down on that particular car. Which is ridiculous were not talking about a Corvette were talking about a Nissan 5 years old car

Fraudulent misleading salesperson

Hello William,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. I am disheartened to hear your impression of DriveTime’s integrity has been compromised. We can certainly understand how disappointing this must have been and extend my deepest apologies if you felt mislead in any way.
It is important to us that each customer feels valued and respected while interacting with our staff, and I am sorry that you left our dealership feeling otherwise. This certainly is not indicative of the high-quality customer service standards we strive to provide. We welcome the opportunity to address any situation where our service level or communication is not being maintained at or above our business standards.
It’s our goal as a company to be upfront and honest through all steps of the buying process. We believe in transparency and show all the pricing details. I truly apologize if you are unhappy with the interest rate presented by Bridgecrest, our loan servicing partner. Please know the interest rate offered during your contracting process was based on the required documentation given to us, along with your current credit score. Sometimes the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) proposed may be higher than expected when working with credit that is less than perfect. We supply a Federal Truth in Lending Disclosure during the contracting process. This disclosure details the APR finance charge, amount financed, total amount expected to be paid throughout the life of the loan, as well as the total sales price. It may be worth mentioning that we do accept outside financing if our customers are dissatisfied with their approval terms.
Should you not be satisfied with your purchase for any reason, every vehicle sold from DriveTime comes with a 5-day/300-mile Vehicle Return Program (VRP). The VRP gives our customer the ability to return the vehicle and terminate the Simple Interest Detail Installment Contract. The guidelines are outlined on page one of your Retail Purchase Agreement.
Should you have any questions pertaining to the interest you will be paying on your vehicle, please contact Bridgecrest, your loan servicing provider, at (800) 967-8526 and a representative would be glad to further assist. We truly appreciate all feedback and will be using this where training and coaching opportunities are needed. You may also contact my department directly at (800) 965-8043 should you wish to discuss your review in further detail.
Regards,
Preferred solution
All I want to do is pay the remainder of the principle of the loan. I have a recorded conversation with two of Bridgcrests employees that said I had paid 7500 on the principle which should have only been 11,000 (including taxes) I feel I only owe you 3500
Update by user Feb 22, 2021

No results as to this date, I am filing complaints with other agency's that protect the rights of older citizens and any consumer.

Original review posted by user Feb 22, 2021

I am not sure how others were treated, but my own experience was very disturbing. First, Jon E was very misleading he switched the vehicle and prorate the price of the car I originally agreed to purchase, suddenly disappeared, and I was offered another vehicle at a high price.

As a courtesy, they would prorate the amount to match the cost of the original vehicle. Which he lied about there was no prorate, what started as an 11,000 dollar ( which was conveyed in Jon's office) ended up being a 19,000 loan with 13,000 dollars of interest added on. When it came time to sign the contract, Jon was ready to get out of there for the day.

My father and I sat with Jon to go over the contract before signing. My view of the contract on the computer was not available, it was late, it had been a long day, butt Jon assured me that he would read the contract out loud to me, and my father and that we could trust him it was what we had discussed so we agreed that I could trust him.

Never would I have agreed to pay 32,000 total for a used 2008 Sante Fe. Regardless of how badly I needed a car. There were other dealerships available but DriveTime made it seem simple and the quoted price was in the range I wanted to stay in. So I did not see the contract, until after I left the dealership.

My father and listened as Jon went over the contract that we had discussed prior to going to his office, but when I received the contract (after Jon had printed it out) he had put it into an envelope and handed it to me and basically rushed us out the door. At the time I believed there was no reason to go over the contract again he seemed so trustworthy. Also, Jon was pushing the issue of how late it was, and he needed to close up the shop. So I trusted him.

When I got home I went over the contract, and it was not what I agreed to. I tried to repeatedly contact Drivetime and was not able to talk to anyone until the following Monday. I was told on the phone several days later when they returned my call that you signed it so there was nothing I could do. I tried to cancel the contract because I read I had 5 days to do that.

The person at drive time said it was past the 5 days. I had to make the payments there was nothing else I felt I could do. So here it is 4 years later, I have paid $17,000 in interest and principal for a 2008 Sante Fe (I have paid 7500 on the principle) So I called today to get a pay off amount. I was told I owed another 10,000 dollars.

Taking the total cost for a 2008 used Sante Fe 32,000.00 I spoke to Drive times lender Bridgecrest who said that is the amount I have to pay, or I can continue to make payments of 199.00 every other week.. This is wrong it was misleading and fraudulent to take advantage of an older person. I have filed complaints with the OHIO Attorney General, the Ohio Consumer affairs, Kentucky Attorney General and the Federal Consumer affairs for bait and switch, fraudulent activity in connection with the contract that was not made available during the sale.

Also for misleading and changing the contract that did not even have the correct home address listed.

Make certain to read before you walk out they are not to be trusted, and in a couple of years call them and check on the principle that you have been paying on. They took full advantage of me and I signed the contract but the lies and the misleading me is on them.

User's recommendation: Do not buy from this dealership or take an attorney to discuss any contract.

I am way beyond upset!

Hello Ebony,
Thank you for providing your review. I truly am sorry to hear of the mechanical concerns that you experienced so soon after leaving our dealership, in addition to the cosmetic concerns as mentioned in your review.
Please know that every one of our pre-owned vehicles goes through an initial inspection to make sure that our quality standards are met. However, there are some instances in which mechanical concerns may appear after the sale. For this reason, we provide a Limited Warranty that offers coverage within the first 30-days of sale or 1,500-miles driven, whichever comes first. In addition, a Vehicle Service Contract is also offered through SilverRock as an optional product at the time of sale, to assist in most situations after that. This does not cover maintenance or cosmetic items, and if repairs happen to be non-covered, they would be considered a cost of ownership.
We want our customers to feel confident and reassured with their vehicles, which is why every vehicle comes with a Vehicle Return Program (VRP). This allows our customers the capability to fully inspect the vehicle and get comfortable with their purchase. It also gives our customers the ability to return the vehicle for any reason within the first 5 business calendar days, or 300 miles driven. The guidelines for this program are outlined on page one of your Retail Purchase Agreement.
I am sorry to hear you have lost faith in our company, and we will be using your feedback to help improve our inspections at our centers. Should you wish to discuss your review in further detail, please contact my department at (888) 290-0148, and a representative will be glad to assist.
Let the company propose a solution

I bought my car from DriveTime here in Fresno Ca. A shiny black Dodge 2014 Journey.

First time buying. Let's skip to the best. After purchasing it, 10 days later, just about all the lights came on. The battery went dead.

I had to pay $160 for a battery. They kept my car for 2 days at Pep boys. After that I took my car in for a hand wash. The car had all types of scratches.

The interior had white blotches on the dashboard. It wasn't there before, a marker was used to disguise the white blotches. The seats had scratches and holes. The leather seats had puttied on them.

Had to replace the brakes. The brakes were bad. It was being held by wires. What else?

Had to replace all the tires. They were worn inside having to get a wheel alignment that quick. The seal that wraps around the windshield is gone and the water hose for the windshield wipers is messed up. Oh, and plus the driver side window is messed up.

I have to fix it. One year later, the car has electrical problems.

$10,000 for the SUV. I still owe $17,00.

NEVER AGAIN!!!

THE EMPLOYEES ARE NICE BUT AS SOON AS YOUR DAYS ARE OVER. THEIR THRU WITH YOU.

User's recommendation: BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK! LOOK AT EVERY DETAIL THERE IS!

Car won’t start bought 29 days ago

Hello,
Thank you for submitting a review. I sincerely apologize for the concerns your daughter has been experiencing with her vehicle, in addition to the inconvenience this is causing.
If the GPS device itself needs replacing, that would be something that the GPS company, Spireon, would need to help address. Spireon can be reached at (877) 563-0012. Should there be other mechanical concerns with the vehicle, then your daughter would go through the claim process with SilverRock, our warranty partner. SilverRock can be reached at (877) 584-3848.
I apologize once again that she hasn’t received a resolution as of yet for her vehicle concerns. I would recommend your daughter contact our Customer Relations department at (888)290-0148 to look further into her situation and see if there is any assistance we may be able to provide.
ID

It is now say 7 with no resolution or repair of vehicle! Determined that the issue initiated with an after market gps installed by Drivetime The car has now been towed for the second time to yet a second service center.

No one at the dealership - the warranty facility - the gps people - NO ONE is helpful they just push you off to the next person .... this has been a nightmare. Car purchased in Huntsville Alabama which is managed by Carlos and Mike- what a joke that is!!! Car was bought for my daughter who is in college in Nashville Tennessee - who has had to get transportation via Lyft back and forth to school adding an additional expense of $150 per week with no chance of reimbursement!!!

Silver Rock warranty company is a scam! The whole entire process has nothing to do with customer service - its a rip off from start to finish!!!

User's recommendation: Drive right past Drivetime to the next dealership.

Very Dissatisfied Customer

Hello Lisa,
Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are truly sorry to hear you experienced mechanical concerns two months after purchase. We understand that mechanical concerns are never ideal and can be stressful at times.
It's important to keep in mind that all our vehicles are pre-owned. While our vehicles are inspected to ease the potential impact on our valued customers, we are unable to predict when future repairs may be needed. For this reason, we provide a Limited Warranty (LW) for mechanical failures within the first 30-days/1,500-miles. We also have an optional Vehicle Service Contract (VSC) to assist in most situations after the Limited Warranty expires. In order for SilverRock to process a claim, the Repair Facility would need to contact SilverRock directly to initiate a claim.
Furthermore, the coverages we offer include Rental Reimbursement for every 8 hours of labor at a daily rate of $30/day up to $300 per breakdown on Covered Components.
We certainly appreciate your feedback and apologize once again for any inconvenience this caused. Please reach out to our Customer Relations department at (888) 290-0148 to continue working towards an amicable resolution.
Full refund

Purchased car on September 3, 2020. I paid for extended warranty and in case of anything happening I would get a rental.

I didnt have my car for 2 months and it broke down. Transmission and motor went out while driving on the Atlanta highway ( if you are from Atlanta you know the traffic). These words far as the motor and transmission came from the mouth of the mechanics. Although the car had not been pulled into the garage, but he could tell by the sound and by driving the vehicle.

Now, Im paying for a rental through my extended warranty, but I couldnt get a rental until until the car was diagnosed with a claim number. The car has not been given a claim number and its been over a week without a rental. So I guess I have to walk to were I need to go. Needless to say Im pissed beyond words.

Of course I cant give the car back because its been over the 5 day allowance for returns. I guess I should have known it would break down before 2 months. This situation is Wtf.

DONT BUY FROM DRIVETIME!!!!!!!. I have spoken to Customer Relations and was told I should reach out to the automotive shop as far as a claim number, so what is Customer Relations job?

User's recommendation: Don’t buy from Drivetime.

Drivetime's reply to:

They will not work in my situation

Hello Daisy,
Thank you for reaching out to us. I can certainly understand your frustration in regards to your overall experience as you mentioned in your review.
Please know that upon arrival, our sales team will collect the required documentation such as proof of residency, proof of income, along with any valid driver’s license. Also, please know that DriveTime does not get involved with any civil matters between any two parties.
Regarding your final purchase price, our goal is to be upfront with our customers, which is why during contracting, we provide a detailed Federal Truth in Lending Disclosure at that time our sales staff will also review the breakdowns with you. This document gives you your interest rate, finance charge, total amount financed, total amount expected to be paid during the life of your loan, and the total sales price.
With that being said, I can certainly understand your disappointment and I hope you have not lost faith in our company. We appreciate your feedback and will be using this where coaching and training opportunities are essential. Should you wish to discuss your overall encounter in further detail, please contact my department at (888) 290-0148 and a representative will be glad to assist.
Kindly,
$2000
Preferred solution
Get rid of the ve hike I am referring to and get another that I can pay myself

Verified Reviewer

They are convenient when they want to be! They placed a co owner in a car I purchased and he has non active license along with a negative driving record yet drive time failed to investigate beforehand ..

now he is not willing to even sign over for the car , has no communication with the dealership. All I want to do is get a different vehicle and the worst part is I have two vehicles through them ...

the cars are older and your paying way too much for them

As far as myself and the ex co owner , he and I are going through legal issues and Drivetime doesnt want to get involved, however they placed a person with no license as a co owner to vehicle that he took without permission and was involved in a car accident with..

Drivetime was quick to call for a total loss for the truck without proper documentation and follow up!! In my opinion this is unprofessional and unacceptable!!!

User's recommendation: Don’t deal with Drivetime at all.

Poor Communication / Unhelpful Staff

Hello Justin,
Thank you for providing your review. I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction in regards to the interest rate that was presented to you during our sales process, in addition to the registration process.
It is our goal as a company to be transparent through all steps of the buying process and we want all our customers to know of their option to use outside financing, if they feel our loan servicing terms do not meet their needs or budget. With that being said, Please understand that DriveTime and Bridgecrest (our loan servicing company) specialize in working with customers with less than perfect credit. This means the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) offered may be higher than expected. For this reason, we do provide a Federal Truth in Lending Disclosure during the contracting process. This disclosure details the APR, finance charge, amount financed, total amount expected to be paid throughout the life of the loan, as well as the total sales price.
Regarding your registration, I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion that this has caused. It is important to know that our sales team does their best to make sure they are properly educating our customers on the registration process.
Thank you again, for your review and we apologize again for any frustration this may have caused you. Should you have any other questions, please feel free to contact my department directly at (800) 965-8043.

Verified Reviewer

They charge you an arm and a leg, charge you outrageous interest rates, and then expect you to waste your time at the MVA getting tags.

The process isn't even clear. The MVA seems confused as to how I even came from a dealer, purchasing a vehicle without metal tags.

Don't buy from here, they are not honest, and are not helpful.

User's recommendation: Buy from a Reputable Dealer that knows what they are doing.

Bad vehicle

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to rate your DriveTime experience. I am sorry to hear that your vehicle experience with us has been less than perfect.
I would like to look into your situation to see what assistance I may be able to offer. However, with the limited details left in your review, I am unable to determine your concerns.
ID

Drivetime gave me a lemon car and its always in the best interest to refund my down payment please so I can get another car

Information on cars

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to rate your DriveTime experience. I am sorry to hear that your interaction with us has been less than perfect.
I would like to look into your situation to see what assistance I may be able to offer. To best assist, please contact my team, Customer Relations at (888) 290-0148, and a representative will be glad to assist.
ID

I cannot get a straight answer from any 0f the DriveTime team in Williamstown NJ and I'm so disgusted at thus point!! I usually don't complain but someone needs to Tell me wth is going on.

I was told by one of the car dealers that everything went through only DriveTime app but I had a co-buyer so the next day my co-buyer put an application through. Mark at the Williamstown dealership told me the co-applicant needed to put the info through again because all the info wasn't on the app and the applications needed to be merged for financial purposes and once that was done they'd call me back.

The next day I was called back and told co-buyers were not accepted!!!!

I'm done with these people since I was jerked around more than a wild stallion on steroids!!

They made me feel like my business was not wanted!!!

User's recommendation: Misleading.

Phone:
(888) 418-1212
Contact Drivetime Customer Service

Latest Question

I need someone to answer me immediately about my cooling

Drivetime's reply to:

Can't use the vehicle i purchased

Hello Kiesha,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am truly sorry to hear that your experience was negatively affected by the mechanical issues that occurred with your purchase.
Please know that each of our vehicles undergoes an initial inspection in order to ensure that our quality standards are met. However, there are sometimes instances in which vehicle issues may appear after the time of sale. It is for this reason that we include an initial 30-day/1,500-mile Limited Warranty, in addition to the extended Vehicle Service Contract that we offer through SilverRock as an optional product at the time of sale.
That said, please continue to work with the Customer Relations team to address your concerns, we can be reached at (888) 290-0148.
ID
#2094580 Review #2094580 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Chevrolet Car
Preferred solution
Either another vehicle or a full refund

Drivetime - Can't use the vehicle i purchased
Drivetime - Can't use the vehicle i purchased

My husband purchased a 15 Chevy for our family from Drivetime back in April as I am expecting. Since then I have only consistently driven or had possession of the vehicle for maybe 2 months tops.

In June our family went on vacation to Florida and as we were preparing to return home on a Sunday the car would not start. We first noticed the clicker to unlock the doors wasn't working so I manually opened the door with the key which naturally made the alarm go off. Normally in this instance if you start the car up the alarm will stop blaring, well the car did not start. Nothing came on and no lights came on as if the car was dead.

Finally after a few hours I was able to get a tow truck and find the nearest open shop called Tire Kingdom which is similar to National Tire and Battery here in Georgia. They worked on our car all day trying to figure out what was wrong as they had never seen anything like this before. However they had limited resources and did what they could. After being there all day and changing the battery they decided that the car went into an anti-theft mode due to me using the key and then trying to start the car.

They advised that the clicker needed to be replaced but wouldn't be able to do it until the next day as we were in a small town and the locksmith was on vacation until the next day. We ended up staying till the next day while they worked on our car and we woke up the next morning and my husband went to pick up the car. IT started right up w no issues, so we were under the impression the problem was fixed. We finally made it home and I had not had to drive my car for the week until that following saturday.

I went to run some errands and the clicker again did not work. I manually started the car and it started however, all of the lights and the radio and the AC were not working. I decided not to go anywhere as I was unsure if the car would start when it was time for me to go home. We decided we would take it to a CHEVY dealership and have them take a look.

The very next day my husband wanted to cut the grass and he went to move the vehicle and this time it didn't start at all. we arranged for yet another tow truck to pick it up on thursday and take it to the dealership. As time passed I absent-mindedly used my clicker completely forgetting it wasn't working to get in my car. This time it worked.

I went to start to the car and it started fine. I still was unsure of the issue and was not very comfortable driving it as again I am pregnant and didn't want to be stranded anywhere because the issue still hadn't been addressed. That thursday I drove the car to the nearest Chevy dealership and they kept my car for almost 2 weeks trying to "duplicate the issue". They could not and basically told me to come get the car as they didn't know what else to do.

On my way home all the issues I was complaining about started happening. All the lights on the dash cut off, all the needles went to 0 or all the way down, the air was not working and the radio cut off. I Immediately turned around and took it back so they could see for themselves. The dealership was apologetic but happy at the same time so they could properly address the issue.

While the car was there they found that there was a leak in the windshield. Apparently the previous owners got it replaced for whatever reason and whoever replaced it didn't do a great job. Due to the leak there was a fuse block that had water damage and was severely corroded. Drivetime agreed to pay for the fuse block but we still ended up coming out of pocket for the "deductible" and shop fees that they did not want to pay for.

After about another week we finally got our car back hoping that everything was good. AS SOON AS I drove my car off the lot of the service department, supposedly after being repaired, the same issues started happening. The lights cut off, the radio cut off, the needles all went down or to 0 and the air was not working. At this point I feel like I have been patient I am now in my 3rd trimester and cannot afford to be caught stranded somewhere as I already have been stranded numerous times because of this car.

I took the car right back to the shop and this time I turned the car off on accident and they were not able to restart it. They kept my car for another week, trying to figure out what the issue was. Eventually the same thing happened and I was told to come get my car as they were able to start it up after letting it sit a few days, but they still could not duplicate the issue. I Spoke with Drivetime and have been speaking with Jodi at customer relations.

She has been as nice as she can and doing as much as she can but considering the circumstances and my limited time I am frustrated. Nobody has offered me a rental until I brought it up and I still would have to pay out of pocket and hope to be reimbursed as Jodi would have to get approval on that. She advised me that I needed to take my car to yet another Chevy dealership for a second opinion, and they have had my car since last Monday. Again, I am now in my last few weeks of pregnancy.

I have 2 other children that depend on me and I have no vehicle. I am paying for a car that I can't even use. Drivetime prides themselves of customer service and helping families and yet here I am stranded. Nobody had reached out to my husband to try to accommodate us as this is a unique circumstance.

I have been really patient up until this point, but my patience is running thin as I am working on limited time. My baby is due in the next 4-6 weeks and that is not promised. She really could come early and I wouldn't have a reliable car to drive. This is already a pandemic so I would have to make arrangements for my kids plus try to find a way to the hospital.

Again I shouldn't even have to be doing any of this as I have still been making my payments for a car that I cannot drive. The other chevy dealership has found that there was a second fuse block behind the original one that was also damaged as well. They have sent over the estimate to Jodi and Drivetime has agreed to pay for that and the Windshield. Again I am still without a car but still making payments.

Drivetime could have done a better job at working with my family and giving me the run around about my car. They have done the bare minimum and basically just enough to get by. I know I am in a loan but the least you all could have done was get me into a car comparable to the one I am paying for rather then inconveniencing my family for the last 3 months. Drivetime in Stone Mountain literally sold me a lemon.

I understand this situation was unique and they probably wouldn't and couldn't have known about this issue, however once it was brought to your attention, you could have done better. I will never recommend Drivetime to anybody. To be completely honest I could have saved all the money I have used on Uber, the car note, the insurance, the down payment, and other different costs I have accrued because of this car and gone to a different dealership like Chevy itself and purchased a car. At least I know they would have sold me a quality car and if something was wrong they would have done a better job at accommodations especially as I am so heavily pregnant.

Again i have between 4-6 weeks left and I dont have the "reliable" car that my husband purchased for my growing family back in April. If nothing is resolved I feel I will be forced to share this information with my some 1k plus followers. At this point the issue of the car has not been completely rectified and Chevy is grasping at straws hoping these different things they come up with will fix the vehicle. I am not completely confident that this won't happen again as they have not directly identified the issue.

They just keep coming up with different scenarios hoping this will be the fix. I'm not holding them responsible but I am holding Drivetime responsible for such inconsistency.

Something needs to be done ASAP. If i have not heard anything by tomorrow about the repairs I will be forced to take futher action and retain an attorney if absolutely necessary.

#1908919

Darn, and we were looking to buy a SUV from them. Read your paperwork again to make sure you didn't miss something to you benefit or check your states laws on a lemon purchase.

Verified Reviewer
when i look at the truck it look good after buying it found out a lot of body work done to it wash it it body filler fell out bed rust so bad the but bed liner in it niow i owe 2 more yrs on it but the body will not last that long be ware of them
#1904586

Hello Rodney, Thank you for taking the opportunity to write your review. I am truly sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your vehicle due to the concerns mentioned in your review.

Since all of our vehicles are pre-owned and we are unable to foresee if or when vehicle malfunctions might arise, all vehicles first arrive at an inspection center to be evaluated and tested to make sure they meet all national highway standards. We also provide a Limited Warranty that covers the first 30 days of the sale, or up to 1,500 miles driven, whichever comes first. An optional Vehicle Service Contract is also available to our customers to purchase, which offers additional assistance on specific components of the vehicle. Please know during contracting, an Experian AutoCheck History Report was provided to you as a courtesy.

This report provides a history of the vehicle’s use such as any prior accident records, rental or government use, registration in a natural disaster area or involvement in a theft. If any of these items were applicable, they would be documented in the vehicle information section of the report. DriveTime is not associated with Experian AutoCheck in any way and has no control over what is and what is not reported. AutoCheck may provide information related to the subject vehicle’s history, including whether there are any reported prior accident records.

We certainly appreciate all feedback and thank you again for sharing yours. Please accept our apologies for any dissatisfaction you may hold with DriveTime.

Should you wish to discuss your review in further detail, I would encourage you to contact my department at (800 )965-**** and an agent would be glad to assist. Kindly, DriveTime Customer Relations

View more comments
ID
#2080927 Review #2080927 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Hello Jennifer,
Thank you for sharing with us your review. I want to sincerely apologize for the mechanical concerns that you are experiencing, in addition to the dissatisfaction regarding the coverage that is provided through SilverRock, your Vehicle Service Contract provider.
In reference to the vehicle itself, please know that we make our best effort to identify any immediate mechanical concerns prior to releasing our inventory onto the lot. However, because our vehicles are pre-owned, there are sometimes instances in which vehicle malfunctions may occur after sale. For this reason, we include an initial 30-day/1,500-mile Limited warranty with each vehicle sold from our dealerships, as well as an optional Vehicle Service contract that we offer at the time of sale. Please keep in mind that at times repairs will be needed on the vehicle, which may be treated as a non-covered component and would be considered the customers’ cost of ownership.
Regarding your concerns with your finance contract, please know that we try to maintain a sense of transparency by providing a Federal Truth in Lending Disclosure during the contracting process. This disclosure details the APR, the finance charge, the amount financed, the total amount expected to be paid throughout the life of the loan, and the total sales price. It is also important to mention that our customers are welcome to utilize third party financing for any of the vehicles on our lot if they are not satisfied with the financing options offered through Bridgecrest.
Thank you again for taking the opportunity to leave a review. If you have any additional questions regarding your Bridgecrest loan, I recommend reaching out to them directly at (800) 967-8526. If you have any concerns regarding your vehicle that you would like to address with DriveTime, please feel free to contact our corporate Customer Relations team at (888) 290-0148.
Brandi – DriveTime Customer Relations
ID
#2012065 Review #2012065 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Drivetime Auto Warranty
Cons
  • Bad customer service
Let the company propose a solution

I bought a 2016 jeep compass from them. I am within 3yr warranty mileage.

In less than a year a faulty throttle body which mechanic said is a common issue with jeeps.

Issue can render engine failure yet refuses to cover repairs said only do internal engine/transmission repairs not ones that greatly affect them externally. Also unknown to me they are charging 8 thousand dollars above blue book value

User's recommendation: Never use drivetime dealership and get a second mechanic inspection.

Drivetime's reply to:

Almost 2 months and still nothing done with car!

Hello William,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you felt we misled your wife regarding the condition of her vehicle she purchased from us, in addition to any confusion with us trying to obtain specific records you submitted for review.

We want our customers to feel satisfied in their purchases and to have the prior history of their pre-owned vehicle, which is why at the time of sale, an Experian AutoCheck History Report was provided to your wife as a courtesy. This report provides a history of the vehicle’s use, such as any prior accident records, government or rental use, registration in a storm area, or involvement in a theft. If any of these items were applicable or reported, they would be documented in the vehicle information section of the Experian AutoCheck History Report. Please know that DriveTime is not associated with Experian AutoCheck in any way and has no control over what is and is not reported.

I can certainly understand your frustration in regards to the multiple times you had to submit documents to our department. Please know we respond to all emails, faxes, and texts in a timely manner and make sure that all legible documents are forwarded to the appropriate agent for review.

We truly appreciate your feedback and truly apologize for any misguidance that was given to your wife. Your review will not go unheard and will be applying coaching and training opportunities where needed. I would encourage you to stay in communication with my department so we can find an amicable resolution.

Jodi-DriveTime Customer Relations
ID
#1912760 Review #1912760 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Full refund

DriveTime sold a car to my wife knowingly withheld information that the vehicle was in a front end collision. We have made several attempts to get this situation rectified dating back to March.

Phone calls, text ( the number they provided, and emails). We have even sent in documents for the estimate of repairs. Funny thing is they never receive them and they were sent out to 2 additional emails in which the other parties got and were able to see the emails and attachments. Its excuse after excuse.

My next step is with a lawyer. Worst company I have ever dealt with and will never, ever do business with them again!

User's recommendation: Don’t buy here!

Fed up

Hello Mondae,

We appreciate you submitting your review. I am torn to hear you have been experiencing mechanical concerns with your vehicle and for the frustration this may be causing you. I want to assure you that we inspect all our vehicles prior to sale in an effort to prevent situations like these.

While they do go through an initial inspection in order to ensure that it meets our standards, there are sometimes instances in which mechanical malfunctions may occur post-sale. We are unable to determine when components will fail. To ease the potential impact on our customers, each of our vehicles includes the initial 30-day/1,500-mile Limited Warranty at no cost to our customers, as well as the Vehicle Service Contract that we offer as an optional add-on. Please also keep in mind that if the repairs needed are determined to be non-covered components, then they would be considered the cost of ownership.

My deepest apologies for any frustrations you may be going through. Should you wish to discuss your review further, please feel to contact our Customer Relations department at (888) 290-0148, and a representative will have glad to assist.

Best regards,
Eva-DriveTime Customer Relations
ID
#1902938 Review #1902938 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Let the company propose a solution

I have put money, after money, after money into my car and everytime I turn around its something else. Past month I done put 1700 dollars into this car and still have to get my car inspected nd cant do that cause the check engine light keeps coming on.

I'm over it, frustrated, and everything else. I have nothing else to give.

I've only had this car for a year and couple months. I just cant nomore.

Disappointed

Hello,

Thank you for providing your review. I am sorry if you feel that we misled you in any way pertaining to the Global Position System (GPS) that was installed in your vehicle prior to purchase.

Please know that during contracting, a Buyer Disclosure Statement and Agreement for Installation of a GPS System was provided to you, which indicates the reasons behind having this unit placed in your vehicle. Under no circumstances is this meant to infringe on your personal life. Should you need another copy of this document, please contact my department at (800) 965-8043, and an agent would be glad to provide one to you.

I am sorry to hear that you have lost faith in our company and if you feel we disrespected you in any way. Should you wish to discuss your review in further detail, please contact the number previously provided and a representative would be happy to assist.

Jodi-DriveTime Customer Relations
ID

Drivetime had installed a tracking device on my vehicle and didnt disclose this to me so my pricacy rights were violated and I filed a suit against them.

User's recommendation: Make them disclose to you they are tracking you.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article