Reply by Drivetime

Hello,

Thank you very much for taking the opportunity to leave your review. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with your vehicle due to your pricing concerns, as well as the accessibility issues brought about by your health.

Please know that it is our goal to be transparent with our customers when it comes to the amount that they pay for their vehicle. Because DriveTime and Bridgecrest (our new loan servicing company) specialize in working with customers with less than perfect credit, the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) offered may be higher than expected. For this reason, we provide a Federal Truth in Lending Disclosure during the contracting process. This disclosure details the APR, the finance charge, the amount financed, the total amount expected to be paid throughout the life of the loan, and the total sales price.

I would also like the opportunity to address your concerns regarding our trade-in program. As you had mentioned in your review, we do allow our customers to trade in their vehicles once they have achieved a principal balance of $4,500 or less through means of our CHAMP program. Unfortunately, this is the only program that we are able to provide for our wide client base at this time.

That being said, here at DriveTime, we pride ourselves on our ability to review each individual customer’s situation, and assess all possible assistance options. I would like to investigate your situation further; however, I was unable to locate an account with the information provided in your review. At your earliest convenience, please contact my Customer Relations team at (888) 290-0148.

Jacob – Customer Relations
Author's

I GOT THIS FORD EXPLORER THE PRICE WAS $16,000.I BEEN PAYING ON IT FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS.

NOW THAT I AM SICK AND CAN NOT DRIVE IT BECAUSE IT IS TO BIG AND I CAN'T KEEP UP ON MY PAYMENTS. NOW THE TOTAL IS AROUND $20,000 AFTER I BEEN PAYING EVERY MONTHS ONLY 2 MONTHS BEHIND. THEY WILL NOT LET TRADE IT IN FOR A SMALLER CAR OR TRUCK BECAUSE OF MY HEALTH BECAUSE I CAN'T GET IN AND OUT OF IT.

I AM STUCK WITH THIS THING THAT I CAN'T DRIVE BUT STILL MAKING THE PAYMENTS.I ASK THEM IF I COULD TRADE INTO A SMALLER TRUCK AND THEY CAID THAT ONLY IF I HAVE PAID DOWN THE TRUCK AMOUNT TO BE $4,500.

Review about: Drivetime Auto Loan.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Monetary Loss: $20000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Drivetime?

Drivetime Most Helpful Reviews