Resolved
1.5
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

Update by user May 04

They removed the false report from my credit. Thanks to Pissed Consumer, TrustPilot, SiteJabber, and Google Reviews for helping me resolve this issue. Good Work guys.

Update by user Apr 20

This actually appears to have been resolved. The false collection appears to have been REMOVED from my credit report.

I would like to thank Pissed Off, TrustPilot, SiteJabber and Google reviews for posting my story and helping to fix this. Thanks guys!

Original review posted by user Apr 04

Terrible company! My experience with them is the equivalent of a thief robbing your house then suing because they had to pick the lock.

I purchased a car from them in 2009, a used Suzuki Aerio, great car by the way, when our finances were at a low ebb and we needed a second vehicle. It needed brakes almost immediately, but good transport. For four years we paid off our payments faithfully, by then we were in better shape, and purchased another vehicle and let my teenage daughter drive it. We got a big tax refund and paid off four payments at once in 2013, leaving us less than a year left on the car.

WE THOUGHT! They listed it all as ONE PAYMENT then notified us that we were late the next payment(we thought it was a computer glitch) , then 2 weeks later repo-ed the car. Okay, my daughter had just gotten into some trouble(rare for her, but bad enough that we let the car go as punishment), even though we had less than a year to pay. Cut to 2018, I check my credit score and find an $8000+(at least 3 times the amount we had left to pay) that DriveTime has sold to a collection agency TWO YEARS AFTER re-poing my car that I had paid TWO PAYMENTS ahead on, after never notifying me that they thought I owed on the car,(and I didn't, they owed me $ 600 for two payments they kept when they stole the car) and it is killing my credit!

NEVER will I pay this off or darken their door again.PS They will tell you that it is not DriveTime's fault and to contact Bridgecrest who handles their loans.

Funny thing, check out the CEO and board of Drive Time, then look up the same for Bridgecrest. And I mean the SAME because that's what they are, exactly the SAME PEOPLE!

Review about: Drivetime Auto Loan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Take this OFF MY CREDIT REPORT and admit you screwed up putting it there!.

I liked: Fast approval.

I didn't like: Constant change in account systems.

Comments