Reply by Drivetime

Hello Jerome,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to leave your review. I want to sincerely apologize for any dissatisfaction you are feeling after your recent inquiry at our dealership.

Please know that we aim to provide our customers with an accurate estimate for their down payment and approval options during our initial pre-approval process. However, it is important to keep in mind that any offers made are subject to change based on the verification process that is conducted after our customers provide their physical documentation to the dealership.

I want to apologize again for any frustration this situation may have caused. Should your situation change, we would appreciate the opportunity to have you as a customer in the future.

Respectfully,
Jacob – Customer Relations
Author's
3.7
Interest Rate

On 1/6/2018an online application.I was approved for anything I had wanted.

The same day my family went to the dealership that same day. I wanted to run some #'s to see how the financing would work for my budget. I expressed this when I got there. The salesman though nice said ok.

I watched and waited while they discussed whatever they discussed. The salesman came back with his sales manager to tell me that my credit score was a 591. When on the website my score was a hard worked for 603. Explained that they had to verify score.

My fault was that I didn't show the approval # I got from website. Anyway now that limited me to what I could get. If I would have known that this is how you worked, I would have just went to dealership, bypass the site. So my credit is ran at the website then on at the place I might have purchased a car.

Thinking about it now that is dirty. Don't have it on website if the car lot is going to run it anyway. Also learned that if vehicle ends in 7, that is going to require special financing, which if means you have bad credit but want that car, you MIGHT need upwards of over 5,000 dollars, DOWN. Even at worse credit average dealership takes much, much less.

Price doesn't even go down at all. Unless you put down 1,000 min. anything less will not move the price down much or at all. It seems simple, but You have to really pay attention to what's on.

Especially on the price of car v . s. mileage.

Learned a lot thank u DT but I think we'll go to a real lot.You have improved on the quality of cars, but in the end you still put ones in something that may not want but possible have to settle for.

Reason of review: messed up credit..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.