Reply by Drivetime

Hello Dion,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, we appreciate you bringing this situation to our attention. I would like to apologize deeply that you have encountered these mechanical and financial concerns with your Sonic. Please know that although we do inspect all of our vehicles prior to them entering our onsite inventory, they are pre-owned vehicles. It is for that reason that we also offer the 30 day/1,500 mile Limited Warranty and optional Vehicle Service Contract to provide further peace of mind. I encourage you to continue working with Silverrock to ensure that the vehicle is accurately diagnosed. For further review and to speak more deeply on this subject, I encourage you to also contact my DriveTime Customer Relations team directly at (888)290-0148.

Kaitlyn – DriveTime Customer Relations
Author's
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

I came to DriveTime almost a year ago after an emergency situation left me desperate and in need of a car fast. In June of 2017, I financed a 2013 Chevy Sonic LTZ from DriveTime on Colonial Drive in Orlando, Florida. I was told that this car had only one previous owner, Enterprise Rent A Car. I noticed that the good was slightly misaligned a few days later and at first oil change was told it had the wrong dipstick(!) I didn’t mention it because it was already after 5 days and no reason to return a car I enjoyed.

A couple of months later, things got worse. I had to replace the AC/Cooling system (out of pocket) because the engine was overheating. A couple months after that, I had similar issues and found that the ENGINE HAD TO BE REPLACED! This was a long ordeal including submitting for warranty through Silver Rock and being out of work and car less for a week. At this time, I had the car for 6 months. This was the week of Christmas.

Currently, I have been having MORE AC issues where the thermostat has suddenly started throwing out an old code causing the engine light to come on and AC to stop blowing cold air... in FLORIDA!

I need to know my options to get rid of this car! I cannot continue to pay for something that is a constant safety issue for me and I have not even had this vehicle a year! I feel like I was sold a LEMON and am stuck on the hook for TWICE the value of the car itself. I am upside down and cannot even sell it or trade it in.

WHAT IS DRIVETIME GOING TO DO TO HELP? Don’t tell me to call customer service (Bridgecrest), I did that before posting here and after explaining everything was told very curtly:

CSR: “You cannot get into another car”.

ME: “So Drivetime sells lemons and then the customer is stuck with it is that what you’re telling me?”

CSR: (silence before abruptly telling me I was being transferred to someone) where I sat ON HOLD FOR 30 minutes listening to an ad for SilverRock before hanging up. No one even broke the hold to check in. WTAF!!!!!

I’ve had the car for 10 months and have had MAJOR repairs (beyond normal wear & tear) 3 times with numerous other issues (coolant leak, crack in engine, crooked hood, wrong dipstick in oil). This car is a FRANKENCAR & I’m paying way too much for it.

Review about: 2013 Chevrolet Sonic Ltz Car.

Reason of review: Bad quality.