Reply by Drivetime

Hello Skylar,

Thank you for providing your review. I want to sincerely apologize for the mechanical concerns you have experienced so soon after the purchase of your vehicle. I can certainly understand your hesitation in regard to operating the vehicle with the current issues you have described.

In regards to your mechanical concerns, please know that all of our vehicles are inspected prior to sale to in an attempt prevent these concerns. The vehicles sold from DriveTime are pre-owned and as a result there are times where mechanical concerns may arise post-sale. For this reason every vehicle sold from DriveTime comes with a 30-day/1,500-mile Limited Warranty, along with the optional Vehicle Service Contract, to assist in these situations.

Pertaining to the refinancing of your vehicle, please contact Bridgecrest, your loan servicing provider, at (800)967-8526 and an associate can answer further questions.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would like the opportunity to speak with you and address these concerns, please contact our Customer Relations department at (800) 965-8043.

Respectfully,
Jodi-Customer Relations
Author's
2.0
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

When my partner bought our vehicle from the drivetime in Irving we were all so excited. Its a very nice looking vehicle and everything seemed to run wonderfully.

That excitement was quickly extinguished when the next day on our way to a waterpark with my family our ac made a loud noise and was only blowing heat at that point. We took it to a pep boys that our agent sent us to and the issue was handled. I asked pep boys to examine the brakes belts and everything and was told everything looked good to go! around 2 months later the vehicle started making noises from the front end and the brakes were obviously not functioning properly.

My partner has mechanical experience and decided to take a look for him self. To our surprise he discovered that parts of the brakes assembly had been cheaply fixed with a metal zip-tie!!! I am guessing this was put in place to soothe the poor condition of the brakes assembly just long enough for our time with the car to surpass the 30 day warranty. My husband took pictures and bought the parts out of pocket to repair the vehicle properly.

We contacted our drive time agent and were told to contact financing who told us to contact our agent at drivetime. Getting in contact with anybody helpful seemed impossible. It seemed like no one knew what to say and they maybe hoped we would just give up. WE DID!

Only because we were informed that if we made our payments on time/early we could refinance and possibly upgrade to a different vehicle, BIG FAT LIE.(we paid over the minimum payment every month with no missed payments to the day) Here we are about a year later. We are now informed that we cant refinance until some odd percentage of the loan is paid out. The vehicle speeds up on its own, the abs system light has been on since about a month after purchase, the door my son was sitting next to was popping open going down the highway with child lock in place. the panels and weather trimming are all falling off as is they were cheaply glued on.

Bottom line is my family is overpaying on a vehicle that has me fearing for our safety every time I need groceries or have to run necessary errands. I am currently in the middle of moving but when I'm settled in I will try to get in touch with drive time AGAIN to see how we can make this right otherwise I will have to get in touch with my lawyer.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: I want to give this vehicle back in turn for a safer mechanically sound vehicle by holding my agent to the promised upgrade/refinancing conditions I want to see that drivetime cares and wouldnt leave a family paying for a vehicle that is clearly isnt safe.

I didn't like: Shady business practices, Overinflated prices over value of vehicle, No customer appreciation, Incomunnicable service, Selling unsafe cars with jerry rigged parts.