Reply by Drivetime

Hello,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to provide your feedback. I’m deeply sorry to hear that the GPS unit installed your vehicle is causing issues with your emissions testing.

That being said, I would like the opportunity to investigate your situation further, as DriveTime is responsible for the maintenance of the Skylink GPS devices while our customers are actively in their loan. However, I was unable to locate an account with the information provided in your review.

At your earliest convenience, please contact my Customer Relations team at (888) 290-0148 so that we may reach an amicable resolution.

Respectfully,
Jacob – Customer Relations
Author's

Purchased 2008 vehicle in 2014 in AZ - - long story short - the car failed emissions in 2017 because of the Skylink GPS system THEY installed before I purchased the vehicle.This was not disclosed to me at time.

AZDOT failed the car because the GPS was installed properly. AZDOT passed new laws stating the OBD cannot be tampered with, so any GPS that is not installed properly will fail.

Drivetime will not cover because it is not under warranty.So be forwarned in Arizona - do not buy from Drivetime - it will fail emissions and you will have to pay to get the system rewired properly.

Review about: Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: That you installed a gps that caused my car to fail emissions.

Drivetime Most Helpful Reviews