Reply by Drivetime

Greetings,

We are sorry to hear that you had some mechanical issues with your vehicle from DriveTime. DriveTime does thoroughly inspect all of our vehicle before sale. DriveTime does not determine what repairs are needed on manufactures recommended maintenance, but on our own inspection of what parts are failed or failing. In the case of struts, DriveTime inspects them through a visual inspection to ensure they are not leaking fluid. They also perform a “bounce test” and ensure the suspension is functioning during a test drive.
There will always be a certain amount of wear on the struts of a used vehicle but this does not always mean they need to be replaced, or are unsafe. DriveTimes inspection also includes measuring brake pads and rotors to meet a minimum standard. If they fail, the water pump, and timing belt would be covered under the DriveTime Vehicle Protection Plan. The repairs would not be covered if being recommended due to mileage and not a failure.
If you require further assistance, please contact the Customer Relations Department at 888-290-0148.

Sincerely,
J.P. Customer Relations
Author's

drive time sold me a 2003 kia spectra with worn struts which if they break can cause a wheel to break traction with the road resulting in wreck.Now struts are suppose to be changed with in 40,000 to 50,000 miles, hmmm i bought mine at 60,000 miles so why was i sold a car that is defective to an amount that could cost me my life.....

Hold on i think this is a crime, not sure cause i am not educated so far as legal wise but common sense is alerting me that this has a high probability of being a crime. It gets better found out they also have not changed my timing belt, which is also original factory part. Awesome glad to know at 100,000 miles no routine maintenance has been performed on my car. So since the time belt was in the area thought i would look at the water pump which was also not replaced.

So now if i get in a wreck i can also hopefully catch fire from a over heated engine (i know not a big probability but still a factor). But by far the worse thing i found out is when i first got the car and the brakes were bad and i could get them to follow their warranty.

I take my brakes in and oh what do you think, yep the original rusted and wrapped disc rotors which weren't even turned with such big grooves i could hide change in it.....really drivetime, is this how crooked you are, i am with out a doubt pressing charges.

Had an Experience with Drivetime?

Comments

Evil cold hearted bastards preying on the ones with hard times or bad debt. How can a company like this exist in America with such bad complaints, yet when the average person makes one or two mistakes, you are hammered, grilled and made to remember..Drivetime needs to be put our of its misery, time to close their doors, and put these schmucks out of work...interest rates that the mob charges, cars that fall apart or are salvaged titles, try to make a different payment arrangement, you get incurring fees that will shock you...stay away from Drivetime, thats it..simple, they are bad people, bad business, and don't care how tough the times are for you, they are there to make it worse...if everyone really took this serious and put their minds too it, we could get some judgement towards Drivetime and wipe them off the face of Earth...

I bought a car from drive time because my credit was ruined from medical debt.I didn't have any one I could take with me to look at the cars so I was pretty much on my own.

The car I bought from them ended up costing me 15 grand when it was only worth 2k, and I don't even know how much money has been put into it at this point for repairs. Everything has gone wrong on this car, and now I'm sitting here less than a year away from having it payed off and it is having more problems. Now it isn't turning over when I try to start it, and I've had the starter replaced on the thing 3 times in a little over 2 years. 4th times a charm maybe.

Don't ever buy a car from these people.They sell junk.

A car dealership should be able to stand behind their "quality products".I am sure when they sold the used car to the customer, they did not tell him about any of the problems.

New or used, you should be able to get a good year out of it before anything needs to be done to it. Especially if they are charging you thousands of dollars. I know Drive Time is completely aware of the problems with the cars they are selling. It is dishonest and unethical to not be forthcoming with that type of information.

Unfortunately some have to be burned before they learn their lesson. Always look for reviews on companies you are considering doing business with. Drive time made me every promise in the world, but they will absolutely not be getting my business after reading these reviews and others on other sites.

I do believe that DriveTime has more bad reviews than any other car dealer I have looked at.Most like employees are the ones posting good reviews and dogging the customers that got screwed.

#220416

I bought a car from drivetime and as soon as I drove it off of the lot, problems started occuring.Knobs and buttons started coming off inside and the carpet started coming up.

They overcharge you and are the biggest scam artists I have ever heard of.Glad to see I'm not the only one who got screwed by these a**holes!

#201461

Are you looking to file a Lawsuit aganist Drive Time?

Do you feel cheated or scammed?

Are you a victim of predatory lending?

Are you a victim of bad warranty or the old bait and switch?

Come join the Fight, If you are a victim of Drive Time so that

we can put them out of business !!!

****Lawsuits Nationwide****

Hours of Operaton: Mon- Fri 8-6pm

Contact: HDPC FORMS LLC

Office: (212)709 8141

LOOK PEOPLE, SOME OF US are NOT THAT BLESSED TO HAVE MECHANICS IN THE FAMILY!!!FREE ONES THAT CAN TEACH YOU OR GO WITH YOU TO THE DEALERSHIP!!!

MY FATHER WORKED FOR FORD, BUT PASSED AWAY, I KNOW BY EXPERIENCE BUYING NEW CARS THAT CERTIFIED DEALERSHIPS DONT SCREW PEOPLE OVER... SO DRIVE TIME GET WITH THE PROGRAM, BECAUSE WHAT IM READING TODAY, AFTER MY HUGE MISTAKE BUYING FROM THEM and THEIR LIES AT THE SELL. I'vE HAD MY CAR A MONTH, I HAVE A LEAKING GAS PIPE,COOLANT LEAKING, STARTER WENT OUT, CANT GET THE KEY OUT OF THE IGNITION, BROKEN AXEL KNOCKING and THE INTERIOR IS PULLING UP ON THE SEATS. I PULLED THE CARFAX AND FOUND 15 REPORTS ON THIS VEHICLE AND A FUEL LINE RECALL thats been OUT FOR 6 MONTHS!

THESE ARE THINGS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED OR CHECKED PRIOR TO PUTTING THIS CAR ON THE LOT.

TELL THAT To THE JUDGE.DRIVE TIME is EXPECTED TO ABIDE BY EVERY LAW THE OTHER DEALERSHIPS HAVE TO, SO WHY ARE THERE SO MANY COMPLAINTS!

Mark Rotruck and Jim Schrull contact info at Just Right Auto Sales (678) 672-1800.........

I've heard that DRIVETIME is opening a Buy Here Pay Here in Chatanooga Tenessee starting in September 2010...Man these guys will rip your *** off at the drop of a hat, just like Just Right Auto Sales did for 3 years..However the best part is they won't file Bankruptcy and get kicked out of rental property for failing to pay rent like us (Mark Rotruck and Jim Schrull)...BUYER BE AWARE.....

My fiancee is a mechanic and if u are going to buy a car u should allways have someone whoo knows cars to testdive it and open the hood before u think bout driving that's what the test drive is for duhh its not to just see if you feel good in a car and we allways.do a complete tune up after we buy a car regardles and drive time is no different with a buy here pay here car lot that's the chance u take when your not buying a certified used car so do your research and check out the car if a car lloks good it doesn't allways mean its a good car a lot of poeple don't know how to maintain a vehicle they just put gas in it and go then sell it or trade it in and that may be the vehicle u like and buy then your screwed

I was going to call them today, but with this review, and all the others I have read, I have decided I will try my luck with a local buy here pay here.

comments