Reply by Drivetime

Hello Michael,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to provide feedback regarding your experience with DriveTime. I am truly sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the terms of your loan, as well as for the cosmetic concerns you had mentioned.

Regarding the optional products that you had mentioned, I want to sincerely apologize for any miscommunication that had left you feeling as if you were required to accept these products. We always try our best to help our customers understand the products are optional and the benefits, and I sincerely apologize if you left feeling otherwise. Additionally, it is important to keep in mind that each customer is required to sign an Optional Products Disclosure prior to leaving the dealership. This disclosure details all of the optional products available at the time of signing, and is intended to aid customers in distinguishing the optional products from any required taxes and fees.

I also understand that cosmetic concerns can sometimes be very frustrating. Please know we do inspect all our vehicles. In regards to the pricing, please know our goal is to be transparent with our customers in all aspects of their purchase. Because DriveTime and Bridgecrest (our new loan servicing partner) specialize in working with customers with less than perfect credit, the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) offered may be higher than expected. We also provide a Federal Truth in Lending Disclosure during the contracting process. This disclosure details the APR, the finance charge, the amount financed, the total amount expected to be paid throughout the life of the loan, and the total sales price.

Additionally, we invest an average of approximately $1,200 in every vehicle we sell to ensure it meets our standards. We utilize NADA Retail Suggested Value when evaluating our pricing, which are within the “fair market range” displayed on the “Buy from a Dealer” page on Kelly Blue Book (KBB).

I want to apologize again for any frustration this matter has caused. If you would like to discuss this matter in further detail, please do not hesitate to reach out to my Customer Relations department at (888) 290-0148.

Respectfully,
Jacob – Customer Relations
Author's
1.3
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

I've bought a 2010 Ford Taurus and after 3 years of paying on time I still owe $1000 dollars less then the asking price so I have pretty much just been paying interest on this vehicle for 3 years.I have also seen other reviews that people was able to refuse Skylink and DriveCare but I was told that I had to have these to get financed which is looks like I was lied to when I purchased my vehicle.

I would of never agreed to had that stuff added and never used any of these services. The car I bought was never supposed to be wrecked but both front and rear bumper covers was repainted poorly and paint flaked off in spots. It was end of the day and they barley got my stuff done before closing and was rushed to get through all the paper work. Don't buy a car from DriveTime unless you have to.

The KBB on my car was around $10k but the base price I paid was $15k and then the financing made the total on it $35K. Like I said, only if you have no other option.

At the time I had only buy here pay here options because of an ugly divorce and I have fixed my credit issues since but stuck with this car because I still owe over $13K.I would of been better off going to another buy here pay here that only have people pay 2 1/2 or 3 years not 5 years and don't add all the extra fees from Skylink and DriveCare.

Review about: Drivetime Auto Loan.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: How they lied to me.

Had an Experience with Drivetime?

Drivetime Most Helpful Reviews