I bought a car at DriveTime and then a year later my son went to Carmax but couldn't find a car he wanted, so he called me and I sent him to DriveTime.Months later I saw a sign that said refer someone to us and get $200.00.

So I asked about me $200.

They said Carmax sent my son to them.I called Carmax who said NO WAY we would NEVER do that.I called DT back and was told Oh well I waited too long to ask for my money.There's no time frame on the ad.

Had an Experience with Drivetime?

Comments

Just a heads up...the "Referral bonus" has to be mentioned at the time of the person buying the car and sitting down to discuss options.

Not months and months later and if this is something that started being promoted after you had gotten your vehicle then familiarize your self with the "grandfather" clause which in any contract states any new promotions, ads etc are usually only effective from the date of it. Same as if a company was to take a promotion away there is generally something in the fine print that stipulates that anyone who was part of said program will still have the benefits of said program.

HOnestly that's the easiest way to put it for you.It's crappy and unfortunate but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

I happen to side with the Father. Sounds as if DT needs the Gov. on their buts.

I co-signed a loan for my son.He has a job where he is out of town a few days each week, and sometimes that makes him a day or two late at the most.

Then, they start blowing up my phone and matter who I talk to concerning this, that he will be in there with the money, they continually harrass and threaten, plus call non-stop, every 20 minutes after contact has been made.

They have even done this numerous times AFTER getting paid, and the MAJORITY of payments have been paid as scheduled.It is like the collections dept has no idea what is going on!

Well, NOT THE SHARPEST, your name does say it all but you should really have added that you are an employee of Drive Time.

As far as being a bad parent for wanting the referral fee. I am not looking to profit from my son, I am looking for a company to do as they say they will do. When there are signs up saying they will do something and don't then they are misrepresenting themselves.

Also, it should be noted that I spent several months trying to work this out with them prior to "bad mouthing" them. I do not feel that it is bad mouthing when it is true. This was NOT a FIRST REACTION.

As for a company doing it's referral at the time of purchase that is ***, most places wait a certain amount of time to be sure the purchaser will hold up to their deal. Most wait at least til the new buyer has paid their first payment. In this case, I assumed that they were processing paperwork or something along those lines. I guess I can be called naive as I thought they would do like they said they would. I was wrong.

As for being ashamed, I am NOT! I did not do anything wrong, they did, and you have by supporting a company that treats their customers this way.

You should research a company before you start defending them. Research Ugly Duckling in California and you will see that this is not a one time thing for Drive Time.

Have a great day. :grin

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT.YOU WERE HOPING TO COLLECT A REFERRAL FEE FOR YOUR SON?

AND WHEN YOU DIDN'T GET IT YOUR FIRST REACTION WAS TO COME ONLINE AND TALK ABOUT IT. REFERRAL FEES WITH MOST BUSINESSES ARE DONE AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE NOT A FEW MONTHS LATER. PEOPLE ARE SO QUICK TO BAD MOUTH COMPANIES AT THE SLIGHTEST INSTANCE OF NOT GETTING WHAT THEY WANT. THIS IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE.

YOU SHOULD BE GETTING COMPLAINTS ABOUT BEING A BAD PARENT FOR WANTING TO PROFIT FROM YOUR SONS PURCHASE.YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED, NOT ONLINE TALKING ABOUT HOW YOU THINK YOU GOT SCREWED.

Hey do you remember this car compamy in California named the Ugly Duckling.Well they had a lot of complaints and they were sued.They then closed and reopen as Drive Time.

That is sad cause they are doing the same things.

I will never get a car from Drive Time,I won't give them a dollar.I would rather walk.....lol :(

What a bunch of buttholes! :eek

Drive Time is a rotten company and should be know for being the liars they are. Thanks for posting this and letting people know what kind of companys to look out for. :(

Drivetime Most Helpful Reviews