Reply by Drivetime

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your DriveTime experience; I appreciate this opportunity to address your concerns. I truly and sincerely apologize that you have become dissatisfied due to pricing and payments. I want to assure you that as the nation’s largest pre-owned vehicle dealership, we are transparent with how we price our vehicles and our loans. When it comes to approval, we definitely want to find the right vehicle to suit each customer’s need and budget. To attain this, our underwriters evaluate documents provided at the dealership, and they determine which vehicles eligible for the customer. Of course we would want each and every customer to have the vehicle of their dreams, however as vehicles are priced differently, different requirements may need to be met to purchase said vehicle. Some of these requirements may include a larger down payment or adding a co-buyer to the loan. This is to help ensure that the vehicle’s overall price stays within the customer’s budget as payments may increase, depending on the vehicle.

We also invest, on average, over $1,200 in parts and labor in every vehicle we sell to ensure it meets our standards, an amount representing 10% or more of the NADA value of the vehicles. We utilize NADA Retail Suggested Value when evaluating our pricing, which are within the “fair market range” displayed on the “Buy from a Dealer” page on Kelly Blue Book (KBB). We always want to provide reliable and affordable transportation options for each and every customer.

I apologize again that any discontent has arisen from the pricing and payments of our vehicles. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us, we are here to assist.

Andrew – Customer Relations
Author's
2.3
Interest Rate

All the bad things Drivetime says happen at other dealers is exactly what they do.They like to say you qualify for any car on lot, so they bring up two cars, one very nice, one a cheap little thing.

Obviously you'll want the nice one,but somehow you don't qualify. But you can buy the cheaper one. If you still want to buy the nicer one you'll have to put an enormous down & have ridiculous payments! I'm not crazy because this happened to my wife & I and years later to our son!

Went next door to Buy Here Pay Here, he got a nicer car, less down, less payments.

Don't buy from Drivetime!Crooks!

Review about: Car.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Had an Experience with Drivetime?

Drivetime Most Helpful Reviews