Reply by Drivetime

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your and your husband’s DriveTime experience. I am sincerely sorry to hear about any frustration or dissatisfaction either of you have experienced due to transmission repairs. Please know that we want all customers to trust in the reliability of their vehicle, which is why we provide an initial 30 day/1,500 mile limited warranty. We also have options for extended coverage for our finance customers. The limited warranty and extended coverage are calculated so that they will last the entirety of the loan, and they are based upon the yearly national average mileage. Despite these precautions, there are instances that cannot be account for due to the nature of pre-owned vehicles. There may also be situations where extended use of the vehicle may cause excess wear and tear, causing further concerns.

I understand that this situation may seem disconcerting, however my Customer Relations Department is in place to advocate for our customers. We thoroughly review each situation and we search to see if there is any further assistance available. Unfortunately, as you are not an authorized party on the account, I am unable to discuss any further account details with you. For best assistance, I encourage the account holder to continue working with my department so that we may reach an amicable resolution.

Thank you again for your time.

Respectfully,
Andrew – Customer Relations
Author's
3.0
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

My husband bought a 2012 Ford Ranger with about 40,000 miles on it in September 2016 in Bradenton, Fla.The transmission went out two weeks ago!

Well, he travels for his job and "unfortunately", he is 10,000 miles over the 30,000 mile "warranty".

Upon taking the car to a repair shop in Austin, TX, where he is STUCK, he found out a new transmission is $2200!!Can you offer any solutions?

Review about: 2012 Ford Ranger Car.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Drivetime?