So it sounds like most people are pissed at this company because they signed a contract, knew what needed to be paid and when and now can't live up to the terms and think the company who they owe money to should give them a break. Am I reading this right? Come on now, that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. If you can't make the payments don't get the vehicle. That shouldn't be tough to understand. This is a lame complaint and not valid whatsoever.

The complaint that came up a lot was about the condition of the vehicle. I understand that vehicles are machines and don't always work as expected and I understand that some of you don't understand that. Those of you who fall into this category are most likely the people who blame others for your problems.

With that said I understand there are probably a few of you who might have valid complaint about the vehicles working condition only a short time after your purchase. But for those who think their vehicle should work as good as the day it was purchase when it hits the 120,000 mile mark and it is 8-10 years old, newsflash, it won't.

I am looking for valid complaints from people who pay on time every time, and take care of a care that is no more then 7-8 years old.

Let me know...Thanks!

Had an Experience with Drivetime?

Comments

Maryland Heights, Missouri, United States #805750

Well, it's only been three weeks since I purchased my car and I have only driven it for two and a half days.I brought it home on March 27th and on March 28th it went to the shop and was there until April 14th.

Half way home from the shop (I live an hour away) the service engine light came on. So it will be going back to the shop because the cam shaft sensor needs to be replaced. The doors would not lock with the remote had to change fuses (which is minor and I expect things like that to be wrong)after all it is a used car. And while the warrenty did cover everything it took them 11 days to give the approval to fix it over $2500 in repairs.

I really do think they need to inspect their vehicles better, even buying a used car there is no way you need to be at the shop the very next day.I haven't had any issues with CS or other workers and I pray I don't, ready some of the post is scary!

To Kyle0057...apparently you didn't read into all the reviews.And...probably work for DT.

Anyhow, most people spoke of vehicles who had problems right out of the gate. I am one of them. The salesman touted how, "I ONLY buy cars that are perfect, in wonderful working order! And only from dry states.

No coast cars here!" He talked all the while that we were test driving with the radio on and windows up. We didn't hear the brakes squeaking until late that night when we got home (didn't roll down the windows during test drive because it was a cold winter afternoon). Next day, we called them to tell them the problem and they said, "sorry, our wonderful 3yr/36K mile warranty doesn't cover that". Too bad...so sad (basically).

I realize that I don't have perfect credit (because of unforseen circumstances) and that I was going to have to pay more but DOUBLE the Blue Book value?! I really don't have a choice in paying it (which I will pay off early) but because of my credit history, I shouldn't be ripped off. Luckily our state has Lemon Law that covers the first 15 days according to the Atty.

General's office here.They are going to pay one way or another.

I AGREE WITH YOU....

Drivetime have (NO GRACE PERIODS)(SIMPLE INTERST LOAN).You signed that contract to pay on or before the due date.

DT did not call you, you come to them for a reason. You have bad credit and no one else will give you car. Don't bash the company because you fail to get the maint....done on the unit as your suppose to, to keep the vehicle in good condition.

DT actually suppose to come and pick the vehicle up as soon as you get behind.Why don't you people who are complaining, keep your down payment go get a cash car and see how far that get you.

#320256

I have bad credit, and was considering going to Drive Time to purchase a used car. But after reading so many horror stories, I won't be going to Drive Time.

Melinda79
#282049

Don't understand all these complaints!I have bad credit and went to Drive Time.

I put $1000 down on my van. I have had the van for 3 years now with minor repairs here and there, of course because it was a used vehicle. Drive Time has always worked things out with me when I've had to have repairs done such as applying the paid repairs towards my loan. I have excellent pay history with Drive Time and in 3 months I become a Drive Time champ.

This means that I have paid my loan down to $3,500 and have the opportunity to trade my van in with them for no additional money down, better interest rate, and get a better vehicle. I have been to other big dealerships in the past month and they all want my trade in plus $2000 down for another vehicle and high payments.

I will be looking forward to getting another vehicle with Drive Time 3 months from now.By the way I have a 2004 Ford Freestar.

I challenge any of you to hand someone $15,000 to someone. Expect payments & when they don't pay or answer any attempted contact; be completely okay with it.

I am approved to buy at DT...but after reading the horror stories I will keep my little car that has been soooo good to me. So, she needs some repairs. I'd rather do that as I bought her new.

Thank you all for warning me about DT. I was "preapproved" and waiting to set up an appointment.

Now, no way!!

I agree with kyle0057.Most people on here are complaining about a car breaking or falling apart after buying it.

You know you can ask them for a vehicle history report and they will provide it. You will find out the car was most likely bought at an auction. Also if you are late on your payment they do not have to honor the warranty they offered because you are not honoring you contract by paying them. I also think it is outrageous that everyone on here is slandering the customer service reps there.

Every customer service rep cannot be bad, just because you have some issues with your car doesn't mean you have to take it out on a person who is sitting there selling cars to provide for themselves. If you were a car salesman you would realize how difficult and how aggressive the job is. Its unbelieveable that these people who most likely are mad because they got their car repoed are sitting here bashing a company that got them into a vehicle. If you could of got a car somewhere else don't you think you would have?

Its not Drivetime's fault you bit off more than you can chew.Man up and pay your bills, I bet pretty much everyone here complaining owes drive time money or hasn't made their payments on time...Poor America

Drivetime Most Helpful Reviews