Reply by Drivetime

Hello Marissa,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am truly sorry to hear you are displeased with the terms of your loan. I want to apologize for any frustration this may have caused you.

Regarding the recalls you had mentioned, I sincerely apologize for any miscommunication that may have occurred. At the time of sale, we provide each customer a SaferCar.gov acknowledgement form in order to ensure that they are made aware of any open recalls or bulletins associated with the vehicle they are purchasing. We are unable to address any manufacturer defects or recalls, we encourage all of our customers to reach out to the original equipment manufacturer to make certain that all manufacturer concerns are addressed.

Here at DriveTime, we acknowledge the fact that our Annual Percentage Rate (APR) can be higher than expected, as we specialize in financing those with less than perfect credit. We also do not compete on price, nor do we hide it. A Federal Truth in Lending Disclosure is reviewed with every individual at the time of contracting, outlining the amount financed, finance charges, APR, and the total amount expected to be paid throughout the life of the loan, assuming all payments are made on their scheduled due dates. It is our goal to make sure that each customer is comfortable with the financing terms offered.

I want to apologize again for any confusion or inconvenience this situation may have caused you. If you would like to discuss this matter in further detail, please feel free to reach out to my Customer Relations team at (888) 290-0148.

Jacob – Customer Relations
Author's
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

Drive time sold me a car on July 26 2016.It is a 2010 Chevrolet Colbalt.

They sold me this car in the state of Delaware with 4 open recalls and 2 special policy issues. They never made me aware of this stating the car was in good condition with no issues or recalls. Furthermore, they sold me this car for 13,489 dollars when the value for the car during the time was 8,000 dollars. I found this information out today when I went to refinance through my credit union who stated they could not finance a car for 13,000 dollars that is only worth 4,172 dollars as of today January 10, 2017.

I tried to settle this by going to drive time who stated there is nothing they or their finance company bridgecrest can do. Over the phone the beidgecrest rep admitted they failed to mention the recalls but I signed the paperwork so there is nothing they can do.

Drive time is a rip off and they take advantage of people.Do not buy from them.

Review about: 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Had an Experience with Drivetime?