Reply by Drivetime

Greetings,
We apologize for any repair issues you have experienced with your vehicle. It’s never our intention to sell a vehicle with a timing belt issue. The limited vehicle coverage plan covers many costly repairs, but does not cover all repairs. Given that these are used vehicles it is difficult to determine when a particular component may fail. Also, depending on the miles driven while you had the vehicle, these repairs could be the result of normal wear and tear of the vehicle. We would like the opportunity to research the situation further to address your concerns. Please contact our Customer Relations team at your earliest convenience: 888-290-0148.
Sincerely,
Kristen, Customer Relations
Author's
2.3K views

I purchased a car at Drive Time in Round Rock, TX a year ago. It's been in the shop 3 times for repairs. The warranty hasn't covered ONE repair. They force you to take your car to a repair shop in order to have it analyzed. You have to pay 50 bucks for something that Auto Zone will do for free!!!

My timing belt went out. According to the mechanic at Brake Specialist, the belt caused damage to the engine, which is supposed to be covered by the warranty. The warranty folks refused to pay for the repairs because I didn't have my oil changed NINE times in the past year! They said based on the amount of miles I've put on my car, that I should have had the oil changed nine times. The mechanic said that is ridiculous because the oil has nothing to do with the timing belt.

The offered to let me have a contract on the repairs. In other words, they want me to pay out the repairs on a monthly basis. I'm paying $400.00 a month for a 2006 Kia Optima! Over $20,000 for an $8,000 dollar car! I told them to keep the *** car. I REFUSE to deal with jerks anymore! They are horrible!

DON'T buy a car from Drive Time. They sell you on the fact that they have a warranty, but they find ways to get out of paying for repairs. Tell everyone you know.

If anyone would like to file a class action suit, I'm up for it.

Review about: Drivetime Warranty.

Had an Experience with Drivetime?

Comments

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #795837

I am on my second car with drive time paid off one a upgraded to a nicer one on the first one I had to put it in the shop twice both times everything was covered by drive time. This one I have now is about to get fixed for some parts and also covered don't know about the other dealers but the las vegas area ones are great :)

Wow. Let me point somethings out to you guys:

1. Before buying any used car, have it checked out. Doesn't matter if they inspect their vehicles. I bought my car directly from BMW and still went to have it checked out. Why? Because, it's the smart thing to do. But, I understand that many people will not pay to have the car checked out, but will be mad when their repair cost is a high price.

2. From my understanding, DT's warranty covers the engine and drive train. That's it. They tell you that. They let you read that.

3. Brakes pads wear down when you... brake. Rotors wear down even more slowly. If you're rotors or braking system was bad before you bought it, refer to point #1.

4. Other bad parts on the car that were already bad, refer to point #1.

5. Nobody makes you agree to buying a car. You saw the price, you saw the age, you agreed. Why not get an older car with a lower price with a crazy high reliability record like a Camry - after your refer to point #1.

6. The BBB gives out good ratings to any company who pays them. You can start a company right now and pay your dues to the BBB, have nothing but bad reviews, and get a good rating from the BBB. Additionally, as long as you "tried" to resolve a complaint made to the BBB, you'll maintain your good rating.

to Anonymous #721941

Who said anything about brakes? The issue was with the timing belt, ***.

Gainesville, Florida, United States #693888

I got a car from drive time, not even a week later i noticed that it was vibrating too much.I took in to their mechanic shop paid $50 dollars to get it looked at.

They told me that my mounts were bad and it needed a tune up. When i called drive time to see if the warranty would cover it they told me no because it was not an internal park and that is the risk you take when you buy a used car. I told them I only had the car for a little over a week and that is not fault that the mounts are bad and that the tune up was never done on the car. A year later my valve gasket went and once again they did not cover it.

Now there is oil on my timing belt and they are refusing to cover this as well. I have kept all the maintenance that was needed on the car but they are still not covering this. Their "warranty" is a lie.

They take advantage of people who have bad or no credit scores but its all a lie.How much I paid for my car I could of gotten two of them

San Antonio, Texas, United States #663231

I actually just had my engine replaced because the timing belt went out and warped something in the engine so it needed to be replaced.Drivetime provided me with a tow company to get it to the recommend shop, they provided a refurbished engine which is actually 5 years newer than the one I had and also comes with an additional 12,000 mile warranty on it.

My co pay was 150. My clutch also went out which is not under warranty and they replaced that for me as well(labor only) I was never asked for maintenance records, they never asked me when the last time I had my oil changed. Don't act like Drivetime is the only company that requires you to properly maintain your vehicle to keep the warranty valid, every dealership that offers warranty requires records and most of the time you take it to the dealership for a simple oil change .The only thing I came out of pocket for was the co pay, the new clutch and to have the flywheel turned. Maintain your vehicle and stop your :( and :cry!!

Drivetime has been nothing but good to me.

You people need to realize you're buying a USED car with BAD CREDIT, so you're not going to walk out with a pristine Mercedes.Deeduhdeee!!

Jacksonville, Florida, United States #604378

Well the drive time warranty actually covered both of the thins that went wrong with my van.The first one was a pump and the second was something with the power.

this is a limited warranty people doesnt cover everything!

Plus everything covered is printed on the site!w

Drivetime is a RIPPPPED OFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!READ THIS PEOPLE.

THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT GOOD. I BUY A CAR THAT COST 9000 FOR 17000. THEY SOLD ME THE CAR VERY NASTY INSIDE! STAINS ALL OVER THE SEATS.

AND AN EMTY GAS TANK1 THEY ARE TERRIBLE. IT HASNT BEEN A YEAR AND I HAD TO PAY TO GET THE BRAKS FIX.

THE CAR MAKIN ALOT OF NOISE.THEY ARE *** LIAERS1 DONT TRUST THEM AND NEVERRRRR NEVERRRRRRRR EVERRRRRR EVERRRRRRR BUY FROM THEM!!!!!

Drivetime use to be ugly duckly, and they change from ungly duckly to Drivetime because of many lawsuits against ugly duckly.The drivetime operated exactly the same as ungly duckly.....

they are the biggest rip off!never buy car from DRIVETIME!!!!!

I BOUGHT A CAR FROM DRIVETIME IN COLUMBIA,SC ON HARBISON 3MTHS AGO AND JUS HAD TO PUT IN THE SHOP BC MY BRAKES WENT OUT PLUS THE ROTERS ON MY BACK SET OF TIRES SPLIT AND BROKE N HALF..SO REMIND U I CAN'T DRIVE AT ALL NOW BUT THEY FORCED ME TO TAKE IT TO THE REPAIR SHOP AND I'M THINKING THAT WHEN I HEAR WARRANTY THAT EVERYTHING IS COVERED BUT AIN'T NOTHIN COVERED AT ALL!...WHEN I TOOK IT TO THE REPAIR SHOP HE TELLS THAT DRIVETIME IS NOT COVERED AND THAT HE COULD DO IT FOR $150. AFTER I PICK UP MY CAR WHN THE BRAKES GOT FIX THE MAN TELLS ME THAT I NEED A NEW TIMINGBELT, PLUS WATERPUMP AND SAID MY BATTERY IS WEAK! I ADVISE ANY AND EVERYBODY NOT TO GO TO DRIVETIME BC THEY ARE A RIPOFF!

I bought a car from DriveTime in August 2011, The first 3 weeks I was at the mechanics(Window, AC).Now November I need a tune up and I am told that my lifters are bad.

The problem is that may car had 67,000 miles. I have put 2,000 miles on the car. All the mechanics that I have went to are baffled that I am having this problem with low miles. They are suggesting that maybe the mileage is wrong.

Oh my car is a 2003. I am so frustrated with this car. I want to get out of it.

But I don't have the money to put down on another.If there is someone who can help me with this issue please contact me at MsMoves44@gmail.com

comments

Drivetime Most Helpful Reviews