1.3K views
Testimonial

I would just like to say, that I have read all of these reviews about Drive Time, and I, myself, am financing a vehicle from them, and for those of you who feel they take advantage of you and make you pay high payments......NO ***!

Drive Time is meant for people with bad credit/no credit. Therefore, they do have very high interest rates, which result in you paying much more for your vehicle than what it is worth, but you know what??? The reason you were approved by Drive Time is because either you had no idea what kind of company you were dealing with, or you have bad/no credit, and no one would approve you, which is only your fault. Apparently, those of you complaining about such topics didn't read your contract, or pay attention to what you were signing.

Although, the way most of you spell, and use improper grammar, it seems likely that you may not even know how to read the contract! To all of you wanting sympathy for such ridiculous things, I just want to say: GET A LIFE AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS!!!!!!! For the one with the so-called lemon.... if your vehicle was truly a lemon, you would have no problem having this issue taken care of.

I recommend you actually look up the definition of a lemon vehicle before writing a post about it.... and to the one about females staying away from them..... I myself am a female, and feel that if you do not know the ins and outs of the mechanics of a vehicle, and how to diagnose/repair it yourself, then you have absolutely no reason to be driving!!!

All too often, women seem to feel that they do not need to learn anything about cars, and by doing so, you leave yourself vulnerable, because anyone can tell you anything is wrong with the vehicle, or that there is nothing wrong with it at all, and since you never took it upon yourself to become educated, you have no idea if they're being truthful or not.In closing, to all of you who have posted such ignorant messages, please go back to school, get a better paying job, and fix your credit like I am doing, and quit your belly aching because no one is going to feel sorry for you being a dumb*** and not reading what you were getting yourself into!!!!!

Had an Experience with Drivetime?

Comments

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #587434

When you finance a car for a high risk consumer (SOMEONE WITH BAD CREDIT), you have to cover the fact that the buyer may fall through on the payments.That's what high risk means.

It means you have dropped the ball on your finances before and therefore are more apt to do it again. Sending out repo persons and tracking down a person that owes on a car you sold to them costs money. Money that has to be covered before it happens, hence, the high interest rates and the higher cost than blue book value on their vehicles. There is also the cost of detailing the vehicle and making sure it is stil mechanically sound in preparation of putting it back on the market if and when you repo it.

Some people are devious and hide the car they owe on to keep it from getting repoed when they are months behind on the vehicle. I know one such person personally and she has done it time and time again. In fact, just about every vehicle she ever purchased she has defaulted on and kept the car hidden. The repo guys always ends up having to go private eye on her and follow her to get to the vehicle while she is shopping or something.

This stuff is not cheap to do. Often the vehicle is not well taken care of and can even become a total loss. In order dor these car dealers (dealers that cater to bad credit) to actually be able to exist, they have to cover these costs. Otherwise, they would not be around for such people.

Not everyone with bad credit is out to do it again...

Unfortunately, mistakes costs money.

She is 100% right.....bottom line, don't jack up your credit and you can go anywhere you want to buy a vehicle. the company was designed to accomodate desperate people needing a vehicle....on their terms. If you don't like it, don't sign the contract.

to carolqstix Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #649019

Some people have bad credit for reasons beyond their control, ie.divorce, identity fraud, loss of income,etc...and for some people, regardless of their level of education, contracts can still be confusing and sales people can be sneaky and tell you whatever they know you want to hear to get you in that vehicle.

There are too many people on here that can talk down to other people going through a hard time like they never had any problems before.Have a heart!

:cry BOOOO HOOO PEOPLE, SERIOUSLY GROW UP I JUST BOUGHT A CAR FROM DRIVETIME AND YES THE INTEREST IS HIGH , BUT THEY MAKE THE PAYMENTS AFFORDABLE ,AND YOU GOT 60 DAYS FROM DATE OF PURCHASE TO ADD TO YOUR DOWN PAYMENT TO LOWER THE INTEREST RATE , IM HAPPY WITH MY CAR AND YES I COULD HAVE GOTTEN A NEW CAR BUT INTEREST WAS HIGH AS WELL AT LEAST DRIVETIME WILL HELP ME WITH MY CREDIT SO I CAN FINALLY PURCHASE A HOME SOON .

I too have not had any problems with them yet.I purchased a used SUV from them, and was actually referred to them by another car dealer when I was denied a loan for a brand new car.

With buying a used vehicle, you run the risk of something going bad on it..

if you can't afford repairs YOU are responsible for, then maybe you should not be driving period..Just saying.

#282035

I don't understand all these complaints!I have a vehicle with Drive Time for 3 years now.

I have really BAD credit. I only had to put $1000 down. Of couse I've had minor repairs here and there because it's a USED vehicle. And when I'v had repairs to be done, Drive Time has ALWAYS applied it towards my payments.

They want you to have your vehicle in good mechanical order. I have ALWAYS been able to work out something with them. I am never late on my payments. In 3 more months I will be considered a Drive Time champ.

This means I have paid down my loan to $3,500 and have the oppertunity to trade my van in with them for another vehicle with no additional money down and better interest rates which I am looking forward to doing. I have been to SEVERAL other dealerships in the past month and they all want my trade in plus money down for another vehicle, plus high payments, even though my pay history with Drive Time is EXCELENT. I have had other vehicles in the past with in-house financing dealerships which sell junk cars and do not report your on-time payments to the the credit reports.

Drive Time does!Will be looking forward to getting another vehicle 3 months from now!

to Melinda Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #649016

I have been making payments with drivetime for one year this month.I have had minor problems off and on throughout the year until last week when I had to dish out $460 for a problem not covered by warranty.

I spoke to two different customer service reps who couldn't have cared less about that situation and would not work with me at all with my payments.

Not impressed.:(

Helping people with bad credit is one thing. Selling defective and dangerous vehicles is another!

you obviously work for drive time!this is a complaint board for complaints on a subject!!!!

Go find the BBB for your "Very Pleased" comments!I have a bank i buy my vehicles thru but i looked at this board on behalf of my brother, these complaints keep me from letting him go there!!!!

this person is just ugly.and mean.

and sounds like a pissed off Drive Time Exec. if you dont work for them, you should. because you seem extremely positive about their hoodwinking other people. and nobody who isnt pissed off comes to pissed consumer and reads all of the pissed consumer reviews...

writes a positive review of a company, and tells every one of for complaining on a coomplaint board..... anyway. i must say. i do not have bad credit, but my husband does.

i didn't want to cosign for him.but i def will not let him sign with these sharks.

comments

Drivetime Most Helpful Reviews