Reply by Drivetime

Greetings,

We apologize for the issues you had with getting approved for financing. Because a car loan is a major financial agreement, there are a number of qualifications and various documentation required. In the rare event that a deal falls through it will sometimes require a refund check to be processed at our corporate headquarters and mailed to the customer. This can take 7-10 business days. If you would like to discuss the matter further please contact Customer Relations at 888-290-0148.

Sincerely,
J.P. Customer Relations
Author's

I went to purchase a vehicle from Drive Time.They approved me for a loan with $900.00 down.

I went ahead and paid it as they requested as well as added and paid my insurance on the vehicle. All that I needed to do was have my company fax a document that I was indeed employed with that company. After the request was completed they called me back and told me that they had made a mistake and they needed an additional 300.00 down and I had to wait until I received my next paycheck stub. When I told them to cancel the loan all together, they said I would have to wait to receive a check in 5-7 business days.

I also had to call my insurance company and void the transaction.

Now I am out over 1,000 dollars for at least a week and no vehicle to show for it.Needless to say the inconvenience with the insurance swap.

Review about: Drivetime Loan.

Had an Experience with Drivetime?