Reply by Drivetime

Hello Joey,

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding our sales process. I apologize if clear expectations were not set prior to you before making the trip to our dealership. At DriveTime, we strive to be as transparent and provide a comfortable experience for all of our customers.

It is important to keep in mind that these decisions are pre-approvals and they are not guaranteed; and when you arrive at the dealership your down payment requirements are subject to change based on the information provided. We want to ensure our customers understand that multiple factors, including but not limited to income level, proof of residency and credit score are taken into consideration.

Our goal is to provide everyone the opportunity to apply for a vehicle and help place them into a vehicle of their liking with loan terms structured to that customer’s individual situation.

I appreciate you reaching out to us and I apologize that we were unable to help you at this time. Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please reach out to our Customer Relations department at (888) 290-0148.

Respectfully,
Jodi-Customer Relations
Author's

Applied on line with Drive Time and was shown that I was approved for anything I wanted. Went to my local (50 miles away) Drive Time and was told something totally different.

First they pulled another credit check and it was 200 lower than what the website pull less than 24 hours earlier, and they told me to by a $25000 truck I would have to make $3000 a month (really?

are you kidding me) and even worse that I would have to put down $18000.00 (that's not a typo 18000.00 not 1800.00) The web site said I would need only $195.00 down and it WAS NOT dependent on the truck or car (I was even told that over the phone, that the down payment did not depend on the car or truck I chose. In case you are wondering this was my experience with Drive Time in Montgomery Alabama.

So Drive Time Lies Plan And Simple!

Review about: Drivetime Auto Loan.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: See review, Down payment bait and switch, Deceitfulness.