Reply by Drivetime

Greetings,

We apologize that you had some mechanical issues with your vehicle so soon after purchase. DriveTime does inspect and recondition all of our vehicles before sale. Unfortunately, with a used vehicle there is no way to predict when a new failure will occur. If a repair is not covered by the Vehicle Protection Plan, or if it is expired, DriveTime can sometimes offer assistance towards customer’s car payments for out of pocket expenses. If you require further assistance please contact the Customer Relations Department at 888-290-0148.

Sincerely,
J.P. Customer Relations
Author's

I bought a car for my son at Drive Time.I expected to pay a premium and high interest due to my poor credit due to previously losing my job.

What I did not expect was the vehicle being in the shop three week so far out of a month.

Also I have an internal Drive Time document that they sold me the vehicle knowing all the problems and did not fix them.Drive Time at the worst comitted fraud or at the best is just dishonest knowing of the cars problems that they documented and I have a copy and selling me the vehicle anyway.

Had an Experience with Drivetime?

Comments

Los Angeles, California, United States #739766

I could go elsewhere to buy a vehicle, but I considered going to DriveTime to purchase from a friend who works there..they have a great price on the BMW I want..

but after seeing the comments from DT CEO and other consumers... you WISH you had the kind of business reputation for Non-Sub Prime consumers to take a chance.. what a joke.....

:grin I pay my bills on time, so I suppose I'll take my business elsewhere..to an ethical business.

Hey whiners, should I call the WAAAAAMBULANCE for you?

GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND WORK HARDER. WHEN YOU DONT PAY YOUR BILLS ON TIME YOU DESERVE ME TO RAPE YOU.

P.S. WE HAVE A BIG SALE THIS WEEKEND COME ON DOWN

YOU ALL LIE. I GIVE YOU LAZY AMERICANS A SECOND CHANCE.

This the norm with this company. The advertisement is that this Amercan based company isThis the norm with this company. The advertisement is that this Amercan based company is providing a 2nd chance and turning no to go for Americans

...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm NO!!!!

They turn no into go alright...and then repossess your "go" before they can even hit you with the late fee (9 DAY REPO!!! Who does that???). Then they turn around and return the car like they were doing me a favor, instead of just admitting that their employees used their company to "show someone who's boss". Did I forget to mention that the car has been cutting off since 6 days after I bought it. They don't know of anything wrong with the car though. A mechanic opened the hood and immediately asked me when I had my water pump replaced, etc. and began pointing out where he could tell there was "major" (to put it in his words) work done on my (or rather Drivetime's as they will remind you, tactless imbeciles) car. "What's that pink stuff? I asked" "Oh that's just where they didn't wipe the gauge glue (or whatever he said) up good." Then they allow company muscle they call employees to physically and verbally threaten you and then laugh at the fact that calling their "Corporate" customer service number is a joke because they know it's going to come back to them to resolve their way anyway (Manager actually chuckled)...and you know what?? they're absolutely right.

They (knowingly) sell POS...

...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm NO!!!!

They turn no into go alright...and then repossess your "go" before they can even hit you with the late fee (9 DAY REPO!!! Who does that???). Then they turn around and return the car like they were doing me a favor, instead of just admitting that their employees used their company to "show someone who's boss". Then they allow company muscle they call employees to physically and verbally threaten you and then laugh at the fact that calling their "Corporate" customer service number is a joke because they know it's going to come back to them to resolve their way anyway (Manager actually chuckled)...and you know what?? they're absolutely right.

They (knowingly) sell POS cars and just *** overall. I tell EVERYONE I can not to deal with them. Dealing with Drivetime will leave you feeling absolutely raped, especially since you'll be paying for the car for the rest of your life. TIP: If they offer to "unwind" your loan; make sure you make the greedy bastards give you back a pro-rated down payment; they won't mention it unless you do. Also, what Drivetime doesn't tell you is that even though you have driven off of the lot in your new car, your loan has not been approved with finality until 6 months after the purchase of your car. This was not brought to my attention until after all the bullsh*t...just stay away from them. They are disgusting criminals!!! They are predatory in nature...just like the tertiary mortgage companies were. They told me there appeared to be an affordability issue with my loan. Hmmmm, that's funny; your underwriters approved the loan after revieing my financial records, so maybe there's a training issue - my status is the same; or better yet, maybe there's a scruples issue. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!!!!!! :upset :sigh :cry :eek :x :?

comments

Drivetime Most Helpful Reviews