I knew I would be late on a payment for my car I bought at Drive Time so I called them to let them know (you know being proactive).I let them know when I would send in a payment and the lady said she would note the account.

I received 6 more calls the next day and the follow day after that. They even called my office. I then called them again and explained I spoke with someone on Monday and told them the whole story again. GUESS WHAT....I still received multiple calls.

On Friday I spoke with another person explained I spoke with two other CSR and this was harassing. She said I needed to pay online instead of mail a check and I told her no because I'm not paying the Fee of $5.50 to pay online. She told me they couldn't waive it because the state (TN) required them to charge it. I told her that was *** because I pay ALL my bills online (except this one) and DT is the only ones who charge a fee.

I told they called me again I would file a complaint and pursue harassment. All weekend, no phone calls, then Monday I get a call at my office. WTH!

So I filed a complaint and am posting this.THIS IS SUCH BS!!!!!!!

Had an Experience with Drivetime?

Comments

sssweet1972

1.Written by Tina on July 7, 2012 from jacksonville, florida, US

And was late about a week and had 22 missed calls from them and their trickery calls they do. My final straw was the last few messages where they state they have a deal for me, and another telling my to refer someone. That is where I draw the line. I PAY for my cell phone and am a working woman that works nights as a Sleep Tech, I had to keep my phone off more than it was on just so I could rest during the day.

I won't give them the number so I hope they do not look at it as some kind of "breaking the contract" ***.I feel like I can breath now.

I actually changed my phone number it was getting so bad, I would get a call in the am on the day payment was due.And was late about a week and had 22 missed calls from them and their trickery calls they do.

PENNY, LEARN HOW TO WRITE, TYPE AND SPELL. THANKS

HackTech- It's a customer service drone that's paid $10 an hour to copy and paste ***.

Inotherwords- I dealt with a nice guy at DriveTime over the phone in Torrance (I live in Redondo Beach part-time). I still wouldn't trust him with a ten foot pole, though.

GO TO A FRANCHISED CAR DEALER [FORD, CHEVROLET, ETC] AND ASK TO SPEAK WITH THE FINANCE MANAGER, ALSO KNOWN AS F&I. THEY CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT FOR YOU WITH ABOUT 2-3K DOWN- and a much better deal.

FUC* DriveTime

FUC* DriveTime

Just read all the comments and complaints and noticed none from CA. All are from back east. Is there anyone who was happy with their car from CA?

Just read all the comments and complaints and noticed none from CA. Is there anyone who was happy with their car from CA?

Written by DriveTime Customer Service on May 15, 2012 From Phoenix, Arizona, US

Thank you for sharing your concerns. As a member of the DriveTime customer service department I can assure you we are committed to providing all of our customers with the best service possible. I would like an opportunity to address your concerns directly at 888-290-0148.

Matthew

DriveTime Customer Service

________________

seems to be a common responce for all DT complaints......just follow all the links.......

HackTech

First lol at the Automated customer service comment on every ones post.Fact 60% of DriveTime loans default so yeah they are edgy when people say they are going to be late.

*** that their system is not better to note when you call and are trying to work with them.

Do not blame the call people though they have to meet a quota and if they do not they get the ax so...If it makes everyone feel better there is a new government agency that was formed and are looking into DriveTime.