I knew I would be late on a payment for my car I bought at Drive Time so I called them to let them know (you know being proactive). I let them know when I would send in a payment and the lady said she would note the account.

I received 6 more calls the next day and the follow day after that. They even called my office. I then called them again and explained I spoke with someone on Monday and told them the whole story again. GUESS WHAT....I still received multiple calls.

On Friday I spoke with another person explained I spoke with two other CSR and this was harassing. She said I needed to pay online instead of mail a check and I told her no because I'm not paying the Fee of $5.50 to pay online. She told me they couldn't waive it because the state (TN) required them to charge it. I told her that was *** because I pay ALL my bills online (except this one) and DT is the only ones who charge a fee.

I told they called me again I would file a complaint and pursue harassment. All weekend, no phone calls, then Monday I get a call at my office. WTH!

So I filed a complaint and am posting this. THIS IS SUCH BS!!!!!!!

Comments

sssweet1972

1. Written by Tina on July 7, 2012 from jacksonville, florida, US

And was late about a week and had 22 missed calls from them and their trickery calls they do. My final straw was the last few messages where they state they have a deal for me, and another telling my to refer someone. That is where I draw the line. I PAY for my cell phone and am a working woman that works nights as a Sleep Tech, I had to keep my phone off more than it was on just so I could rest during the day.

I won't give them the number so I hope they do not look at it as some kind of "breaking the contract" ***. I feel like I can breath now.

I actually changed my phone number it was getting so bad, I would get a call in the am on the day payment was due. And was late about a week and had 22 missed calls from them and their trickery calls they do.

PENNY, LEARN HOW TO WRITE, TYPE AND SPELL. THANKS

HackTech- It's a customer service drone that's paid $10 an hour to copy and paste ***.

Inotherwords- I dealt with a nice guy at DriveTime over the phone in Torrance (I live in Redondo Beach part-time). I still wouldn't trust him with a ten foot pole, though.

GO TO A FRANCHISED CAR DEALER [FORD, CHEVROLET, ETC] AND ASK TO SPEAK WITH THE FINANCE MANAGER, ALSO KNOWN AS F&I. THEY CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT FOR YOU WITH ABOUT 2-3K DOWN- and a much better deal.

FUC* DriveTime

FUC* DriveTime

Just read all the comments and complaints and noticed none from CA. All are from back east. Is there anyone who was happy with their car from CA?

Just read all the comments and complaints and noticed none from CA. Is there anyone who was happy with their car from CA?

Written by DriveTime Customer Service on May 15, 2012 From Phoenix, Arizona, US

Thank you for sharing your concerns. As a member of the DriveTime customer service department I can assure you we are committed to providing all of our customers with the best service possible. I would like an opportunity to address your concerns directly at 888-290-0148.

Matthew

DriveTime Customer Service

________________

seems to be a common responce for all DT complaints......just follow all the links.......

HackTech

First lol at the Automated customer service comment on every ones post. Fact 60% of DriveTime loans default so yeah they are edgy when people say they are going to be late.

*** that their system is not better to note when you call and are trying to work with them.

Do not blame the call people though they have to meet a quota and if they do not they get the ax so... If it makes everyone feel better there is a new government agency that was formed and are looking into DriveTime.

I also had many of the same problems ,harassed LIED to when i lost my job.and finally trying to do right fit that problem taken car of.then let me see car died the warranty did cover that cause i pressed,then the transmission started slipping,their repair shop says it cause there was a bolt loose.supposedly fixed but still have to out in transmission fluid.now all the dash lights like abs,trac light,air bag light emergency hrake lights coming on staying on,horn works then quits and now got oil changed and cart is chugging using tons of gas and check engine.t .jus light on and of course nothing covered.....so not too happy.how does the government allow such scams to continue?any recourse?

these people should be jailed for the harassment they inflict on the very people that pay their wages. warn your friends.. DO NOT BUY FROM DRIVETIME.

Well it's obvious you guys at Drive Time don't give a flying *** about your customers. You sell *** used cars and lie about the promises you make of a thurough inspection of the vehicle and still sell it as is with a supposed warranty and then harrass your customers if they are so much as one or two days late on a car payment.

Just wait, one day you guys will be reported. Just do your *** job!!! Stop trying to *** people over.

I feel sorry for the guy who posted the complaint. He's only looking out for other drive time victims.

I have complained to the customer service department...didn't you read the entire post. I TALKED TO THREE DIFFERENT CSR.

Is that not the customer service department? I also emailed Drive Time and STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED A RESPONSE!

Matthew