Reply by Drivetime

Greetings,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the repairs you had so early in your contract. All of our vehicles are inspected prior to sale to ensure they meet and exceed national safety standards. Given that we sell used vehicles it is difficult to determine when a particular component may fail in the future, which is why we offer optional coverage optionslike our limited vehicle protection plan. Our vehicle protection plan covers many costly repairs, but is not all inclusive. We would like the opportunity to research the situation further, but with the information provided we are unable to locate your account. Please contact our Customer Relations team at your earliest convenience: 888-290-0148.

Sincerely,
Kristen, Customer Relations
Author's

I purchased a 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan February 29, 2012.March 5, 2012 I called the warranty department and receive an approval to Sears.

I took the van to sears, Sears notified DT that I needed an alignment. DT said they would not pay for it. March 2012, the gas gage was not reading correctly I called DT warranty department and they did give an approval to Black's Auto and Tire which is located in Apex, NC 25 min's away from my house. I did as I was told and Black's Auto and Tire found nothing wrong.

The same month I was having issues with my breaks, call DT warranty again this time I told them I wanted to go back to SERAS, I needed new break pads and new tires once again they denied the approval. April 2012, I put 6 dollars in my van the gas gage is close to empty. The gage went to full! WE all know that gas is 3.50 per gallon.

June 2012 the check engine came on called the warranty department, took it back to Black's auto and Tire because Sears does not do engine work. Once again Black's Auto could not find anything wrong. At this time i contacted the BBB. DT sent me a 25 dollar gift card and paid for the alignment.

August 2012 the van stopped in a 4 lane bypass because the battery died. Called road side assistance, it took them 3 hours to dispatch some one. September 2012 the seat belt light and sound would go off when my seat belt was buckled and the passenger seat belt would not buckle sometimes. I was told I was responsible for the repairs.

At this time I have to Attorney General office involved and I filed a lawsuit against DT.

The only thing DT is offering is a withdrawal from the loan, they will not give me another can or any of my money back.Stay away from this company!

Review about: Drivetime Loan.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Had an Experience with Drivetime?