Went to Drive Time in Raleigh NC.Had been "pre approved".

Got there with down payment in hand. After meeting with Sales manager, they informed me that due to an 11 year old bankruptcy they couldn't sell me a car without the documentation stating it had been discharged. I asked them how I managed to buy two new cars after my bankruptcy and furniture on credit. They had no answer.

I asked if I could fax the paperwork to them. No way I was informed. I was pissed to say the least. I left asking them not to contact me ever again.

They have called me every day since. Do not do business with these people. There cars are high mileage and not in good shape. Their sales people are incompetent and rude.

The best I can say for them is their water was cold.

Save your money and buy from a local dealership.At least you can count on having someone to turn to in the event the car is a clunker.

Monetary Loss: $12000.

Had an Experience with Drivetime?

Comments

Ibstock, England, United Kingdom #319110

Depending on your filing type it can remain on your credit 10 - 20 years.Chapter 7 can remain on your credit for 10 years and Chapter 13 can remain on your credit for 20 years.

It is not removed after 7 years like other discharged debts.I would get a copy of your credit report to see why they are requesting discharge papers :cry

A Bankruptcy drops from your credit report after 7 years. If this has come up with this company, I would question them as to why they are looking 11 years into your history. Also...it is ILLEGAL for them to question you about a bankruptcy that has past the 7 year expiration date...smells fishy to me.

To Russell my Bankruptcy was discharged 11 years ago. How can it be legal for me to bring in something that old?

Is it really a crime that they legally asked you to bring documentation stating your bankruptcy had ended. You do know that it is illegal to sell to a person who is in the middle of a bankruptcy don't you? They were just protecting your *** and theirs.

i am looking for a new car and they got ahold of my info, they call every day and i can see all they sell is used *** cars. companies like this deserve a swift kick in the crotch....

*** they did u a favor by not sellin u tha car u woulda had a 21% rate n 400 a month