Reply by Drivetime

Hello James,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to leave your review. Here at DriveTime, we appreciate all forms of feedback, as it aids us in improving our overall customer experience. I want to sincerely apologize if you were not entirely satisfied with the vehicle you had originally purchased, as well as the down payment options for the Chevrolet Silverado you had chosen afterward. Please know that our vehicle inventory on our website updates on a regular basis, and I apologize if you left feeling that we were being less than transparent with our vehicle options.

Regarding the down payment required for the Silverado you had mentioned, I want to start by stating that I completely understand your frustration on the matter. However, it is important to keep in mind that our minimum down payment requirements for vehicles sold on our lot are non-negotiable. Our haggle-free pricing is part of the DriveTime experience for our customers, and truly emphasizes our transparency with how much our customers will pay for their chosen vehicle. Additionally, our system automatically populates the down payment amount based on the information and documentation provided by our customers, as well as the specifications of the selected vehicle. Also, please keep in mind that we do everything we can to set our customers up for success. To ensure this, at the time of purchase, our Sales Advisors will provide our customers with a vehicle selection and financing options that best fit their personal need and budget. We truly want our customers to be satisfied with the vehicle they select, as we understand purchasing a vehicle is a long term commitment.

I want to apologize if we were not able to properly portray the sense of transparency and honesty that we strive for in our mission to provide top-notch customer service. While I am happy to hear that you were able to ultimately place yourself into a vehicle that satisfies your needs, it is truly unfortunate that we were not able to assist you in doing so. Should your situation change, we would very much appreciate the opportunity to have you as a customer!

Respectfully,
Jacob – Customer Relations
Author's
2.8
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

I bought a truck from drive time yesterday, it was a 2012 GMC regular cab pickup, I paid $16,695.00 with a down payment of $1,350.00.I told them I wanted an extended cab if there was any way possible.

They told me they did not have one. I went home and was checking their inventory, and to my shock, I found they had a 2012 Chevrolet Silverado, which is the sister truck to the one I purchased. It was $17,495.00, $800.00 more than mine, so I called them and asked about trading for it, They told me I would have to pay $1,150.00 more for down payment. I called every number I could find online for DT, but I got the same old story from every one of them, there was nothing they could do.

No one at DT, even tried to help me, so I checked out JD Byrider and they had a Ford F-150 extended cab, with 2800 less miles and it was $13,995.00 almost $3000.00 cheaper and they gave me a 12.9% interest rate, compared to DT 21.9%, they happily accepted my $1,350 down. I called the DT dealer, I bought the truck from and asked for the sales manager. They said he was busy and they would have him call me back, after a couple of hours, I called back same story. In the meantime customer service called me to ask what the problem was I told them, they sent him an e-mail telling him to call me.

Five hours later and I haven"t heard from any one. Anyway I am glad I found out how this company does biuseness, before it was too late. I am on my way to return the truck now, within the five day return gaurantee time.

I will let you know if they honor their word or not, when I get back.So far all I have heard turned out to be lies, once they got my money they did not want to talk to me anymore.

Review about: Drivetime Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Frustrating.

I didn't like: Managers at dt.

Had an Experience with Drivetime?

Drivetime Most Helpful Reviews