Reply by Drivetime

Hi Michaela,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your DriveTime experience. I am saddened to hear that you are dissatisfied and would like the opportunity to address. I understand that you have incurred maintenance expenses on the vehicle and you are also concerned regarding the recalls that are on this vehicle.

Rest assured prior to sale, all of our vehicles go through an inspection at our DriveTime inspection centers. However, if there are any open manufacturer recalls present, we are unable to address them prior to sale. Manufacturer recalls can only be addressed at an original equipment manufacturer. To ensure our customers are aware of any open recalls, a safercar.gov recall report is provided as a courtesy at the time of purchase. We encourage our customers to review this information to ensure they are comfortable with their purchase.

In regards to coverage on mechanical repairs, please know that in addition to our inspection, all of our vehicles come with a limited warranty of 30 days/1,500-miles with the option to purchase a vehicle service contract. Both of these items cover the major mechanical parts of the vehicle.

I am sorry to hear of your experience with my team and please know we are able to review for the possibility of further assistance. Please give us an opportunity to review further, please reach out to my Customer Relations team at (888)290-0148.

Kaitlyn – Customer Relations
Author's
1.4

I purchased my first car with Drive Time only to be a sold a car that had serious malfunctions.I purchased a 2013 Ford Focus exactly 1 year ago and I have had to put it in the shop a total of 5 times now and it is currently in the shop as I write this.

I've put a total of 9,000 miles on this car in 1 year. I have now spent over $1,000 in repairs not including the current repairs and have spent hundreds on rentals while the car is being fixed. The transmission had a recall and an oil leak inside the transmission, the latches have a recall, I replaced the oxygen sensor, coolant tank, gaskets, fixed an oil leak now I need to replace the fuel pump and the evap canister. The "Insurance" they offer covers nothing!!!

I feel it's offered to make the sale only and to paint a pretty picture for you! I have taken these issues up to Customer Relations and got a whole lot of NOTHING agents are rude and talk over you not letting you explain the situation. Drive Time "Technician's" refused to look into these issues when I brought it to their attention. I have been extremely patient with these people only to get treated poorly and taken advantage of.

They do not return phone calls and are very inconsiderate.

Please don't make the same mistake I made avoid the hassles and headaches take your business somewhere else!I wish I could return the car!

Review about: 2013 Ford Focus Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Dont inspect the cars and dont stand behind the product.

Had an Experience with Drivetime?