Reply by Drivetime

Greetings,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize you are having repair issues with your vehicle. All of our vehicles are inspected prior to sale to ensure they meet and exceed national safety standards. We provide the option to purchase an additional vehicle protection plan to assist with costly repairs, however it is not all-inclusive. We also ensure that our customers complete an initial walk around to confirm they agree that the vehicle is up to their standards and they are comfortable purchasing/leasing the vehicle in its current state. Please reference the Vehicle Delivery Checklist portion of your contract for any questions or concerns you have. We would like to speak with you further in regard to your concerns, but with the information provided we are unable to locate your account. Please contact our Customer Relations team at your earliest convenience: 888-290-0148.

Sincerely,
Kristen, Customer Relations
Author's

After being approved by Drivetime I went to the dealership and selected a car.When going over the operations systems with my dealer, I noted that there were squeaking sounds from the rear breaks and the heating system took over ten minutes to produce heat.

I bought the car anyway, noting those concerns. When I called the warranty department they said they do not cover brakes but suggested I take it to a mechanic. The garage they reccomended wanted me to leave the keys to my mini cooper in a flower pot and mentioned he had never worked on this type of car before. I chose not to leave it with him.

After being out of town and not driving my car for two more weeks, when I returned my car overheated, but the heat still didn't work. I called the warranty/customer service department again and they suggested another mechanic. Clearly in my service agreement it outlines that the heating and cooling systems, as well as radiator are covered yet they refused to pay for any of the parts or services, including the diagnostic test. I paid over 17,000 dollars for a car that was clearly never checked out or required to pass any checkpoint system.

This company hasn't honored their own contracts, has horrific customer service and puts it's customers in defective vehicles without any care or concern.They deserve to be shut down and any consumer should steer clear from their business.

Review about: Drivetime Warranty.

Monetary Loss: $19000.

Had an Experience with Drivetime?