Reply by Drivetime

Hello Trumonique,

Thank you for submitting your review. I am saddened to hear that you are disheartened with the vehicle you purchased from us. When it comes to mechanical concerns please know that all of our vehicles are inspected prior to sale to prevent these concerns. The vehicles sold from DriveTime are pre-owned and as a result there are times where mechanical concerns may arise post-sale. For this reason every vehicle sold from DriveTime comes with a 30-day/1,500-mile Limited Warranty, along with the optional Extended Vehicle Service Contract, to assist in these situations. I understand that you are currently working with a member of our team and we would urge you to continue that communication to ensure that we can try and assist any way possible. If you have any additional questions please contact us directly at (888) 290-0148.

Missy – Customer Relations
Author's
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

A COMPLETE SCAM!!!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO PURCHASE A CAR THROUGH DRIVE TIME!

I purchase a 2013 Ford Focus with them in 2015 (almost three years ago) and I JUST HAD TO PURCHASE A BRAND NEW TRANSMISSION! Actually, let me rewind it back a bit. When I first purchased the car, I signed up to pay the extra amount of money of a month for the the 5 year warranty (which is also a scam, it only cover 30,000 miles and that information was not on the paperwork I signed, nor did the employee mention), with the promise that if my car ever have any major issues, Drivetime will fix it for free.The first three months of having the car, clutch had a recall, FORD fixed my car for free, DRIVE TIME was trying to charge me $300 to tow it to their service shop. THE NEXT YEAR, the transmission computer had a recall on my car and FORD fixed it for free.

Now finally, the grand finale, the transmission went out on my car. MY CAR IS ONLY 4 YEARS OLD, I ONLY HAD THE CAR FOR ALMOST 3 YEARS, why on Earth should the transmission go out! I called DRIVE TIME WARRANTY department to work on the steps of fixing my car, and they explained that the car is only covered for 30,000 miles. I explained, that's not on the paperwork I signed, its supposed to be for five years and they explained its still nothing they can do.

I asked to reduce my car notes, because I AM CONTINUOUSLY PAYING EXTRA FOR A WARRANTY I CAN NOT USE, and they told me they will not refinance my car and I still have to pay the warranty or they will reposes my vehicle. I have had this car for almost three years. Never been repossessed, or had any issues and was completely scammed.

I wanted to help the next person out, and let them know that this is a complete scam company. Do not purchase with them and go with another company because they are lying and scamming people out of money.

Review about: 2013 Ford Focus Car.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Monetary Loss: $12098.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Horrible customer service.

Drivetime Most Helpful Reviews